Medicare Actuary Doubts Health Care Law Will Hold Down Costs

Shocking! Surprised Barry hasn't had him knee-capped.

Oh wait. Rahmbo isn't in the WH any more.

Insurance termination noticies are in the mail to Pennsylvania adultBasic subscribers - Philly.com

"We are writing to let you know that funding for the adultBasic program will be exhausted as of Feb. 28, 2011, and as a result your coverage under the program will end on Feb. 28, 2011," begins the letter, signed by Deputy Insurance Commissioner Peter J. Adams. It lists alternatives including Medicare and employer-based coverage.

Independence Blue Cross began mailing the letters to its 12,012 adultBasic subscribers over the weekend. The other Blues, which administer the program in the state, were sending them this week.

Corbett administration officials say adultBasic - bare-bones coverage for 41,424 subscribers statewide - is unsustainable with a premium of only $36 a month. (An unsubsidized version, which has been available to the 493,787 people on the waiting list for $636 a month, had only 731 takers as of Jan. 1, the governor's office said, and that, too, will end Feb. 28.)

I thought Obama said people could keep their coverage if they wanted? Has he not been completely truthful with us? A politician wouldn't do that would they?

I'm not surprised and I'm not surprised Fox News jumped on the story.

I'm also not surprised that CNN and MSNBC have nothing about this on their homepages, when I just looked.

Something needs to be done about health care in this country for the uninsured. It's getting worse and worse.

There is no real news here....the CBO essentially said that only if everything went as planned would Moabamacare save any money and in the same sentence commented how Congress tends to not follow through.

Back