Medicare Advantage Broker Referral Programs

michellea

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi there! I have been on here for just a little bit. I am new to the business and got started in the MA plans. A friend of mine was doing a broker referral program getting paid so much money for each appointment she set and that was closed. It was a great opportunity for me as a mother to two sets of twins to work at home and make money. Once I got into the business I realized that it was not the "easy money" I thought it would be, but I love it. Since I started my fiance has gotten his license and he works the field closing the appointments that I set, which works wonderfully, because I am better on the phones and he is better in front of the customer. We will eventually branch off into other forms of insurance dealing but for right now while we learn the business and figure everything out we are happy doing what we are doing.

I say all of this because if anyone knows of any other MA companies that offer a broker referral program please let me know. If their are any, I am willing to research the area and market and other plans and get my non-resident license so that I could set appointments for an agent to work.

When I set appointments I make sure of what the person is currently on (or try my best to figure out - sometimes they are unsure), I make sure their doctor is covered, and right now I make sure they are dual eligible, I set a time and give them the name of the agent that will be helping them. When working my area, I give them my phone number that way if they have any questions they can call me at any time and I will help them as well.

Are you currenlty briokering MA plans? Are these the PFFS plans or PPO?

Yes that is what I do now. I am brokering for 2 companies right now. They are the only 2 plans in my area (lower Alabama). They are both HMO plans. I have not done anything with PPO or PFFS plans.

Are you soliciting as a appointment setter?
Cause we'ver already decided that most of us are lazy and would really enjoy someone else doing all the cold calling.

PFFS plans don't have a list. All services are approved on a case by case basis. The burden is passed to the beneficiary. Most lists that you see are not a guarantee of a doctor or hospital that accepts the PFFS, instead it is a list of doctors and hospitals that have done business with that insurance company in the past.

Yea PFFS are not even available in my area so I have never really looked into them but everything I have seen so far with those plans they do not seem to be all they are supposed to be. I am still very new to all of this, so I may be totally wrong. So all I have "experience" in thus far are the HMO MA Plans!

Are you soliciting as a appointment setter?
Cause we'ver already decided that most of us are lazy and would really enjoy someone else doing all the cold calling.

Basically yes, but I am interested only if the MA Plan company has a broker referral program. Currently I get paid $100 with one company and $250 with the other company for each appointment that closes. I do not get paid hourly.

Say you are an agent with ________ MA Plan, whether you are captive or not, and that company offered a broker referral program, I would sign a contract with that company and would get paid by the company but would give all appointments to you. That is what I do now.

So what companies are you setting for?
I'll look at their product.

The program that would be possibly in someone else's area is Secure Horizon the other company only caters to Alabama, Tennessee (which they have lost 4 counties) and a few counties in Mississippi. I know Secure Horizons is located around the country.

Basically yes, but I am interested only if the MA Plan company has a broker referral program. Currently I get paid $100 with one company and $250 with the other company for each appointment that closes. I do not get paid hourly.

Say you are an agent with ________ MA Plan, whether you are captive or not, and that company offered a broker referral program, I would sign a contract with that company and would get paid by the company but would give all appointments to you. That is what I do now.

Interesting way of conducting business. What's the average AV and commission on MA plans??

Latest posts

Back