Medicare Advantage Costs

Good point, he could be confused about what he has. I've heard Medicare beneficiaries say they wanted an advantage plan when they were actually referring to a Med Supp! In any case, a call to 800 Medicare could solve that or you can find current coverage by him logging into medicare.gov, too.
A call to Medicare or going to Medicare.gov will confirm that he has an MA plan, but that's been established. Those places won't solve the mystery whether he has a Medigap, indemnity plan, or who knows what as his "supplement." Since the beneficiary in question was a stranger in a bank line, the OP will likely never know...

A call to Medicare or going to Medicare.gov will confirm that he has an MA plan, but that's been established. Those places won't solve the mystery whether he has a Medigap, indemnity plan, or who knows what as his "supplement." Since the beneficiary in question was a stranger in a bank line, the OP will likely never know...

When I'm trying to help people figure this stuff out I just have them pull the cards out of their wallet. That usually gets it but if not I have them get a bank statement to see what is drafting.

It's a scavenger hunt sometimes. They will have Aetna and tell you they have Humana because they had a Humana RX plan 3-years ago. It's just like when people tell you about their life insurance. Never, never, never believe a word they say until you see it and verify. They aren't lying. They really believe what they are saying. They just don't understand any of it.

They aren't lying. They really believe what they are saying. They just don't understand any of it.

^^^^ This is 100% true.

I have seen it when sitting down at a kitchen table with folks who thought they had term but didn't.

I see it everyday in telemarketing. Every senior believes they have a Med Supp.

When I'm trying to help people figure this stuff out I just have them pull the cards out of their wallet. That usually gets it but if not I have them get a bank statement to see what is drafting.

It's a scavenger hunt sometimes. They will have Aetna and tell you they have Humana because they had a Humana RX plan 3-years ago. It's just like when people tell you about their life insurance. Never, never, never believe a word they say until you see it and verify. They aren't lying. They really believe what they are saying. They just don't understand any of it.

That'll work unless it's coming out of their Social Security check.

That'll work unless it's coming out of their Social Security check.

And that's when you go to medicare.gov I like to do that first actually. if that doesn't solve the riddle get their cards out like Scott said and then call their bank if all else fails if they don't have a bank statement or cards either. I found the smaller local banks will give information on their account transactions over the phone, but the big-ticket banks like Wells Fargo and Bank of America will not help you at all over the phone.

And that's when you go to medicare.gov I like to do that first actually. if that doesn't solve the riddle get their cards out like Scott said and then call their bank if all else fails if they don't have a bank statement or cards either. I found the smaller local banks will give information on their account transactions over the phone, but the big-ticket banks like Wells Fargo and Bank of America will not help you at all over the phone.

I like when they haven't cleaned out their wallet in years and have 3 or 4 different cards in there. Then call each company.

Do all of the above and you should be able to figure it out..:yes:

Back