Medicare Advantage coverage for groceries?

Benefits for Medicare Advantage Are Expanding Again

This AEP is going to be interesting... Carpet cleaning, my *$%!

But this latest expansion of benefits, CMS Administrator Seema Verma said in a phone call Monday, can go beyond medical services to particularly help beneficiaries with chronic diseases and give health plans the ability to innovate. For example, if someone has asthma, getting their carpet cleaned might keep them out of the hospital, Verma said.

Asked why beneficiaries who have original Medicare cannot also get these supplemental services, Verma said Congress only gave her agency the authority to expand these benefits to MA enrollees. She did say there might be some pilot programs in the future in which some providers under original Medicare would offer such benefits. Enrollment in MA plans has been steadily increasing, and Verma said she expects that this benefit expansion will also lead to more Medicare beneficiaries choosing MA plans.

I'm currently drafting my educational-only, "unbiased" presentation for the fall seminars and am creating a placeholder for these goodies. If this comes to MAPD in my area, I may choke.

Not sure any of this makes any dif

I believe those who like those benefits and use them are people who would have bought those plans anyway

If someone is not low income they generally don't use much the extra's anyway except for maybe the gym

Many times I have asked clients how was the OTC benefit, Ohh I forgot about that how do I do that, (even though I explained it when we first bought)

How was the dental Oh I didn't like the dentist or they didn't pay for this or that (Aetna and aarp ppo platinum add on are the exception but still underutilized)

Hearing aids ooh it's not the right kind or you have to order online or something of the like

There is always something with the extra's People in need use them But they would have bought that type of plan anyway

People who are not in need don't want to do whatever hoop or accept the level of the product offered and don't utilize

Back