Medicare Advantage dental plan coverage, seeking info for article

jesseslome

Expert
I'm writing an article for consumers and want to highlight specific differences that exist between the various dental benefits included with 2022 MA Plans. NO PLAN NAMES PLEASE.

Example: Plan A limits preventative care to $x a year. Plan B limit is $y.
I know there are several differences .... just one or two from a few folks will be deeply appreciated.

If you like, email me directly as I need to submit tomorrow (thanks and sorry) :)
[email protected]

Jesse Slome, American Association for Medicare Supplement Insurance

Not sure I’m 100 percent clear on what you’re asking, but the most notable specific difference between dental benefits among MA plans are:

1) Preventative vs Comprehensive
2) The yearly allowance available
3) Network availability
4) Whether or not it requires the beneficiary to pay Co-insurance.

Not sure if you wanted us to actually compare two plans and omit the names or just list what some of the differences among dental benefits are.

Yes, would really like specifics. Say 2 different allowance levels/limits. 2 different co-insurance levels. Thanks.

Most common are max out of pocket of $1000-$1500. Most plans cover 100% preventative such as cleanings and X-rays . Many plans cover 50% of filings but only 30% of major services such as crowns.dentures and root canals. To get the maximum payment amount you must stay in network . If you go out of network the pans only pay the % of usual and customary which could be much lower dollar amount than the actual charges,

Plan A gives you $1500 to use at any dentist you prefer. You pay the claim yourself at the office, submit a claim, and you are reimbursed 100% up to the max amount.

Plan B gives you preventive services only, covered at 100%. You must use in network dentist to get 100% but you may go out of network if you’re willing to pay more.

These one of the top two PPOs in my area.

Thanks Chazm ... JUST TO CONFIRM ... these are for dental under an MA plan? Yes?

If so, that is EXACTLY what I needed. Since you are the only one really to reply ... is there any other example of a difference between 2 dental benefits under a MA plan?

Aetna dental on mapd reimbursed implants too. It's it $2000 in my market.

Most of the network plans don't cover implants

Back