Medicare Advantage FMO Overrides

MedSuppPro

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone have a clue what an average FMO make$ per MAPD app?

I'm talking the difference between street level and the FMO.

I need to know for a meeting :GEEK:

Thanks!!!

Does anyone have a clue what an average FMO make$ per MAPD app?

I'm talking the difference between street level and the FMO.

I need to know for a meeting :GEEK:

Thanks!!!

It depends on the carrier. I know the FMO above me makes $40 to $50 on one and closer to $75 or $100 on a couple others.

He needs to know for a meeting. He can go to the meeting knowing or go not knowing. The difference being he either looks like a dumb ass or like he knows something. Just a wild ass guess.

I could be a dumb ass and laugh :twitchy: all the way to the bank and I could know something that this information may be important towards a win-win solution. :idea:

Guess that’s something I’ll be happy to sort-out with you after my meeting.

If there are no additional layers of hierarchy between the FMO and the agent the override is between $150 and $200 depending on the carrier. If there are layers in between (SGA, MGA etc.) then the override shrinks because the layers in between are paid out of the total override.

If there are no additional layers of hierarchy between the FMO and the agent the override is between $150 and $200 depending on the carrier. If there are layers in between (SGA, MGA etc.) then the override shrinks because the layers in between are paid out of the total override.

If the agent goes directly to the FMO (bypassing SGA, MGA), does the FMO portion increase by those amounts that would have gone to the SGA, MGA?

If the agent goes directly to the FMO (bypassing SGA, MGA), does the FMO portion increase by those amounts that would have gone to the SGA, MGA?

It depends. Are you willing to blow the FMO?

Unlikely IMO since one would be just an agent. You usually have to be an SGA, MGA or some kind of 'A' to get more dough.

It depends. Are you willing to blow the FMO?

Unlikely IMO since one would be just an agent. You usually have to be an SGA, MGA or some kind of 'A' to get more dough.

Close, but no cigar. CMS has pretty clear guidelines and unless you meet the criteria (I believe it's based on the number of agents in your downline), they can't bump you up above street.

Back