Medicare Advantage....how often do they change?

MA in generally leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This is the first season since before CMS got involved in marketing activities that I’ve even considered offering it, but I hate the idea of service work to the level of MA.

I didn’t pay for AHIP (since I relicensed in March) for this year and I’m debating just avoiding MA and signing PDP for free for my Med Sup clients.

I just don’t want to deal with it.

MA in generally leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This is the first season since before CMS got involved in marketing activities that I’ve even considered offering it, but I hate the idea of service work to the level of MA.

I didn’t pay for AHIP (since I relicensed in March) for this year and I’m debating just avoiding MA and signing PDP for free for my Med Sup clients.

Overall its not that bad, There are some that are a real pain but anyone I sell MA were going to buy MA anyway, I might as well get paid on it

Moreover, I get many like this, Had client the AEP sold her MA plan called me got all these bills from accident and therapy and all involved, After looking at it they were copays. Some things more than others surgery MRI and such

She was upset but I reminded her we talked about this before we did policy, Went over Supp again and will write supp this AEP

If I didn't sell her MA when would have bought somewhere else I would not have the Supp next AEP

I will say if an MA shopper is pain before they buy I cut it off, So I don't get a ton of service work on it besides the AEP shopping,

Its not as bad as I sometimes seem to make it out but that is also because I lean med supp heavy in my conversations with them and MA is at most 20 % of my buis I think less though

Overall its not that bad, There are some that are a real pain but anyone I sell MA were going to buy MA anyway, I might as well get paid on it

Moreover, I get many like this, Had client the AEP sold her MA plan called me got all these bills from accident and therapy and all involved, After looking at it they were copays. Some things more than others surgery MRI and such

She was upset but I reminded her we talked about this before we did policy, Went over Supp again and will write supp this AEP

If I didn't sell her MA when would have bought somewhere else I would not have the Supp next AEP

I will say if an MA shopper is pain before they buy I cut it off, So I don't get a ton of service work on it besides the AEP shopping,

Its not as bad as I sometimes seem to make it out but that is also because I lean med supp heavy in my conversations with them and MA is at most 20 % of my buis I think less though

I don’t know yet what I’m going to do. I mean, I’m not marketing for MA, I know that.

With scope (I do everything online) can I do any advising of products that I think they may want to talk about prior to them filling one out?

For example, can I tell the client, “Hey, you tell me the products we talk about during this meeting. It isn’t a requirement, but to better advise you of your options I suggest you put (these products) down.”

I don’t know yet what I’m going to do. I mean, I’m not marketing for MA, I know that.

With scope (I do everything online) can I do any advising of products that I think they may want to talk about prior to them filling one out?

For example, can I tell the client, “Hey, you tell me the products we talk about during this meeting. It isn’t a requirement, but to better advise you of your options I suggest you put (these products) down.”

Just don’t go cold calling for MA plans and you’ll be fine. If clients are calling you, asking about MA then you’re fine. Talk all day about it. Do you

Do you offer hospital indemnity plans? I'm going to really start pushing them going forward, especially the riders for PT/OT and cancer. In most States, some are GI ages 64.5-65.5, but not in PA and NJ, where I mostly sell, unfortunately.

I mostly sell Med Supps, anyway.

(Caveat==Not an agent)

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/mapd-my-worst-decision.85103/

That thread came along considerably before you joined forum, so don't know if you have seen it. Give you the link in case you haven't. It is one of my favorite "go to" threads for Med Supp vs MAPD discussion. It popped up not too long after I first became a forum member. It was one of the things that caused me to lean toward Med Supp only if I ever chose to be an agent, although I must say I find ardvark's posts a "pro" for those that want to sell both.

Thanks. I think I might carry it for one year. I don’t market heavy, but I expect to start getting calls around AEP in a heavy MA market. If I don’t dig it I won’t renew it.

Back