Medicare Advantage Marketing Rules

I am planning to commence selling Final Expense insurance, as well as Medicare Supplement insurance and Medicare Advantage Plans. I notice a large number of restrictions limiting Medicare Advantage sales by both door to door and telemarketing. However, other than limiting marketing directly inside a health facility, there seems to be no such restriction with marketing at storefronts. It seems that with a simple 15 second sales pitch, that I could get prospects to sign an agreement to meet at a later time with a representative. In this way, I might generate 25 to 50 Medicare Advantage leads each day, and be in great shape during the next enrollment period

I am planning to commence selling Final Expense insurance, as well as Medicare Supplement insurance and Medicare Advantage Plans. I notice a large number of restrictions limiting Medicare Advantage sales by both door to door and telemarketing. However, other than limiting marketing directly inside a health facility, there seems to be no such restriction with marketing at storefronts. It seems that with a simple 15 second sales pitch, that I could get prospects to sign an agreement to meet at a later time with a representative. In this way, I might generate 25 to 50 Medicare Advantage leads each day, and be in great shape during the next enrollment period
If your just starting out, Final Expense is easier to get started with. There's so much to learn with Medicare. People can tell intuitively when you don't know what you're talking about. Final Expense prospects...? Maybe not so much.

Are you thinking about setting up in an established storefront (grocery store, bank, etc), or setting up your own storefront (calming it MedicareMart or Senior Mart or whatever)?

I would be very surprised if a store that has enough senior foot traffic to generate 25-50 MA leads daily would allow you to set up your operation for free without going through a carrier or national company.

You can't approach anyone either. That's why the Humana agent sitting at Walmart always looked so lonely.

You would still have to register your event with the MA carriers if you intend to market. If it's "educational", no need to register, but you can't bring up the topic of MA YOURSELF. They would have to request more info from you themselves. Then they could sign the "scope" or request for more info. Then, you could contact them.
I don't think that it's as easy as it sounds, unless you've got big titties and a smile :).

You can't approach anyone either. That's why the Humana agent sitting at Walmart always looked so lonely.
I would stand in front of a dollar store, courthouse, social security office, bus terminal, discount food store, etc.
I would hold a clipboard with scope of appointment forms on it, and a pen attatched with a string.
I would give a short sales pitch similar to a 30 second Medicare Advantage commercial. Then I would close with: give me your name, address, phone number, and signature, and we will call you back with more information, then I would hand them the clipboard with the scope of appointment to fill out. I would then have a sales lead roughly equivalent to an e64( if I was selling fe) . Having permission to contact them, I could later schedule them for a sitdown appointment

It's good you are trying to creative.

It's bad you are trying to re-invent the wheel. (How's that for flip-floppin?)

Have you ever heard of anyone being successful standing in front of other people's businesses trying to pick off their traffic?

But those people would LOVE to hear your insurance pitch. No one is annoyed by that.

They would cart you off to CMS jail the first day.

If your just starting out, Final Expense is easier to get started with. There's so much to learn with Medicare. People can tell intuitively when you don't know what you're talking about. Final Expense prospects...? Maybe not so much.

Well I did have a 3.70 grade point average in earning my Marketing degree. I think that if I can earn an A+ in Marketing Research, and an A+ in Strategic Management, I might possibly be able to explain the difference between a PPO, an HMO, and a network plan

I think your 3.7 is going to get you in trouble with cms. There is a lot you don't understand about marketing ma.

Latest posts

Back