Medicare Advantage Marketing

AJAX

Expert
FL
With the new regulations and restrictions on marketing Medicare advantage products, what are the best ways to generate a good return on your investment?

What are some community marketing strategies?

What is the best way to market?

I am not into cold-calling on T65 for medicare supplements. What are some other strategies specifically for the senior market?

With the new regulations and restrictions on marketing Medicare advantage products, what are the best ways to generate a good return on your investment?

I am not into cold-calling on T65 for medicare supplements. What are some other strategies specifically for the senior market?

Very simply put, don't!

Don't market?
There is one option, but if you choose this one, I hope you have some serious cash saved up. Seminar marketing. Keep in mind that you will have to send out about 1500 invites at about $.40 a piece, spend hours calling all of your invites to confirm they received your invite and try to book a show, buy the meals at a cost of $10-15 per person and then try to set appointments. These campaigns usually last around five weeks. A good seminar will have around 30 seniors attend, so be prepared to write a check for $300-$450 for the meal, and hope that you recoup at least that much money that week.

If you have any more specific questions on this, drop me a line.

Bottom line, though is that if you don't get on the phone, even in this marketing strategy, you will be out of the business in under three months.

Edited to add: This marketing strategy is not advised for MA plans. Any other senior product, yes, but I would avoid MA due to the serious restrictions placed on seminars by CMS. The compliance isn't worth the headache.

Tim:

There is no "This marketing strategy is not advised for MA plans." You may not have a sales seminar for MA plans and serve a meal. This is specifically forbidden.

You are not allowed to cold call for MA plans and that includes calling people you've mailed.

Since the thread deals with Medicare ADVANTAGE marketing, why would you even mention something that CMS forbids?

You are giving advice to people who might believe you have some knowldege. This is not the first time you have posted completely incorrect information.

You suggested that the original poster contact you with more specific questions. I would suggest that this would be a bad idea.

Perhaps you should learn the regulations before you post again.

Rick

That really bad you can get in alot of trouble doing that stuff .You can lose your license,be fined tons of money, and people come to this site because you can get so much info...

That really bad you can get in alot of trouble doing that stuff .You can lose your license,be fined tons of money, and people come to this site because you can get so much info...

You can obviously get a great deal of incorrect information also. One needs to learn who to believe and who doesn't have the knowledge.

Rick

ANSWER: Contract with a GA that PROVIDES LEADS at no cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim:

There is no "This marketing strategy is not advised for MA plans." You may not have a sales seminar for MA plans and serve a meal. This is specifically forbidden.

You are not allowed to cold call for MA plans and that includes calling people you've mailed.

Since the thread deals with Medicare ADVANTAGE marketing, why would you even mention something that CMS forbids?

You are giving advice to people who might believe you have some knowldege. This is not the first time you have posted completely incorrect information.

You suggested that the original poster contact you with more specific questions. I would suggest that this would be a bad idea.

Perhaps you should learn the regulations before you post again.

Rick
If you took the time to read the actual post instead of just the headline, you would notice that the poster also discussed Med Supps, but that would be too much work for you, wouldn't it.

Also, seminars are allowed by CMS, but you can only serve dessert; they are called community meetings, so maybe you should read some regulations before you put your two cents worth in.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Read your regulations, community meetings serving coffee and dessert is allowed, but as I stated in my original post, because of the restrictions, I didn't suggest it for MA, now did I? The original poster mentioned Med Supps which is what I was addressing. Thanks for you input.
You can obviously get a great deal of incorrect information also. One needs to learn who to believe and who doesn't have the knowledge.

Rick
If you conduct your seminars correctly, you can't give wrong information, but you already know this, don't you? Can you guess how you can't give the wrong information, or are you going to spout wrong information again? I am able to admit when I am wrong, can you or are you above that?
No such thing as free leads. You always pay something, usually in reduced commissions, first year or renewal.

Beware of people giving self-serving advice.

Rick
Such as yourself....

Last edited:
Back