Medicare Advantage Plan

pfsthib

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
These plans or coming online in November. Pyramid has Today's Choice which is free in some areas. Anyone else going to be marketing any of these plans.

I have been doing MA plans but with Humana.

I called a Pyramid broker / IMO and asked for some info. I am wanting to know what I am up against. I know market to market is very different.

I have but I'm not going to be pushing MA's in November due to several reasons. First off, Medicare just makes it too hard, first I have to be appointed with carriers that offer them. Find, I am! Yet though I have to take their training courses, one with Humana, Cariten and Secure Horizons or PC, now do to this I have to carve out a week here two weeks there so on and so on. Hell you sell MA's and I'll probably stick with Supplements. Now maybe I'll go and take Humana if they can get me done in a week and pay for my lodging in Lousiville KY I think is the nearest to me they offer? Yet why doesn't Medicare People offer a training course that can be used with all Carriers, why make it Carrier specific? Maybe they have but I don't know of it, so I assume they need to get this straighten out if they really want these plans to be effectively marketed.

Yet though I did for a time sell these via Sterling Insurance, not a bad plan as far as PPO's go with MA one of the better Companies even though they are now owned by AON.

Now to get back to the marketing of MA Plans, its no different then doing Supplements. You have to get in front of people, people that are over 65 or within 3 months of turning 65. Okay you can also deal with younger people that fall under certain criterias but lets keep it simple. I would suggest getting with a list company that your carrier or agency is likely already providing you. People turning 65 list or those that are 65 and over list. Use both, its really not that expensive of a list to buy. Then you are going to call them, first thing to aim for is the obvious ones that agree to sign up for an appointment. Then you have those that are on Group Plans and the VA's and others, all possible people that can really benefit from a MA PPO that has little or no cost to join. Then you have those that want to think about it, they go on your mailing list. The ones that you can not get a hold of or just not interested, find let those go yet you should have quickly a good working base. I would suggest getting a list of around 2-3 hundred a week and stay busy calling for at least 4 hours a day 3 days a week.

I do about 20 initial appointments per a 200 list with little effort. Now my closing ration increased once I left Sterling and started working with various carriers offering Supplement Plans even though I now don't really offer a MA Plan. If I do I run it through a person and get 100 dollars for the application, they sign it and submit it themselves. Just got burnt out dealing with the likes of Sterling or Humana and their MA requirements.

Okay, now you have those on Group Plans and VA plus others that may be interested but they already are on a plan. The VA is quite the green pastures you should be hitting hard! Okay, why is that? Why would a Veteran that has Medicare want a MA Plan for? Simply ask them, how easy is it to get into a VA Hospital or get an apointment with a VA Dr. at a VA Clinic/Hospital? Its not real easy and the waiting list is or can be quite long! Here the closest one is Johnson City, a 2 hour drive. What if they need an Ambulance? What if they have to be Hospitalize? What if? Now if they are on Tri-Care there is little or nothing you can offer them but many don't qualify for one reason or another and the MA is a perfect Stop Lost plan that cost them nothing or a few dollars a month! A perfect fit, go to your County Court House or wherever you Veterans Administration office is, ask to place flyers and to talk to groups that meet if there is any and explain the MA to the office people, they can be a gold mine if you treat them right. Now the VA/Medicare Client has a MA and can go see any Dr., with a small Copay and if he/she does need to be Hospitalize and can not get into a VA Hospital they at least have a stop lost plan that if it takes weeks to get into the VA Hosp. at least they won't have be damage to badly financially.

Group Plans for the retire can be very good pastures too. As many won't pick up till XX is met. The MA offers to reduce OOP cost for them, and lets get real, they need a back up plan as more and more of these Retirement Plans are folding and going away never to return. Even GM's Plan can be seen as being vulnerable today. Now don't do this if it will effect their Group Plan, even though I never seen one that would.

Now the others, that wouldn't commit but seem open for future contact? Place them on your B List mailing campaign. Send them out a letter and brochure maybe a quarterly newsletter. Even ask permission to call in a month or two.

Remember proper bookkeeping is essential, keep up with your contacts on both A and B list and work them! Activity is the key here as with any product. Plus don't forget to get sign up for LTC, this is where I got started doing LTC. Now I work on LTC and DI and quickly seeing my Life side going by the wayside or as itself a side product. Something that has hit me like a ton of bricks landing on me, never thought that would happen!

Senior Supplement/MA marketing should be consider an opener much like selling Health to the younger of our society is! Get to know your product an learn how they can be effectively used and go talk to people.

midwestbroker here is a broker in your area that offers the Pyramid product. When I get some brochures I can fax them to you if you still haven't found out anything. As for as commissions go the area manager told me he gets an $80 override and the rep gets $250. He told me I was going to get $275 because I am helping with his advertising and recruiting. I'll keep you posted.

pfsthib said:
These plans or coming online in November. Pyramid has Today's Choice which is free in some areas. Anyone else going to be marketing any of these plans.

Coming online? I thought I was up to date on this stuff and have not heard this. Who is accepting online apps?

Thanks pf. I am captive with Humana now, since only captive agents can sell the Gold Plus and the ChoicePPO (the 2 biggest sellers in the Kansas City Martket). The independent agents can sell the Gold Choice but it is not a real good fit in the metro area.

I still sell supps. Mainly through Mutual of Omaha (United World now). They have the lowest rates for Plan F in Kansas and 2nd lowest in MO (just behind BCBS).

I know that captive is "the dark side" for many agents, but in Kansas City this is really the best deal for marketing to seniors. I was really hesitant going captive but it has been the best move I have made in the insurance world.

Like I said though, just because it works in Kansas City does not mean it works all over. Just like our BBQ (other cities say they have great BBQ, but we have the best (and the clogged arteries to show it)).

James said:
I have but I'm not going to be pushing MA's in November due to several reasons. First off, Medicare just makes it too hard, first I have to be appointed with carriers that offer them. Find, I am! Yet though I have to take their training courses, one with Humana, Cariten and Secure Horizons or PC, now do to this I have to carve out a week here two weeks there so on and so on.

You really don't have to carve out a week or two for each carrier. Most will allow you to do their certification online. Takes 30 minutes.

I use it as a door opener. I got about $500k in investment dollars from MA plans this past year. And that was just working it half-heartedly. I plan to make a big push this year for November and December. I think it's just leaving money on the table if you don't go after it.

Here's What I Got In My Inbox

ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!

MediCare Advantage

Ground Floor Opportunity

BE THE COMPETION WITH MULTIPLE CARRIERS AVAILABLE

We all heard about Medicare Part D last year; now the Big News is Medicare Part C. These new private health insurance plans for seniors have created a whole new insurance market across the country. Brokers in other states made $10,000 a month or more introducing seniors to these LOW COST alternatives to Medicare HMOs and Medicare Supplement (would you believe $0 premium?).

Now there are MAJOR CARRIERS coming to GA and other states and WE HAVE THE CONTRACTS.

___________________ is looking for agents such as yourself to get in on this ground floor opportunity using multiple carriers. Email us today if you are interested in the following $100,000 ground floor opportunity:

· 50,000,000 Insurance prospects

· Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription

· Little to NO premiums (some counties zero premium)

· Plans Available: PPO - HMO - FFS and Special needs

· MINIMAL underwriting

· Includes prescription with some carriers

· Comprehensive certified training - including product, sales skills and agent support

· Weekly Advanced commission- to qualified producers

· Unlimited lead support to include lead financing – to qualified producers

· Free leads based on production – to qualified producers

· Also available to agents without leads

· Qualified leads – product specific

· Excellent retention ratio

· Limited competition in certain markets

· Agent incentive programs

· No quotas, NO COLD CALLS, Agency Builders welcome

All Plan benefits are pending CMS approval. This information intended for agent use only.

This is what I got in my in box today. I'll check it out tomorrow, and let you guys know what I was presented with.

Back