Medicare Advantage plans

What would you do if you were on Medicare?

• Do nothing, just stay with original medicare only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you have Plan F, you do not need the GTL plan, as that is designed to go with Medicare Advantage plans. But they do underwrite after the guarantee period. Basically a one year look back and pull the MIB.

midwestbroker said:
If you have Plan F, you do not need the GTL plan, as that is designed to go with Medicare Advantage plans. But they do underwrite after the guarantee period. Basically a one year look back and pull the MIB.

So GTL doesn't write a Med Supp? Perfect choice stated he did a lot of GTL Medigap business. I just assumed he was referring to Medicare Supplements. What benefits does the plan you are speaking of provide? I'm assuming it helps with some of the out of pocket expenses associated with MA plans. What's the cost?

Oh, my bad. I was talking about the GTL hospital supplement plans that tie-in with the Medicare Advantage plans.

I think that they do write supps, most state insurance websites let you price all the available supps. I would try that.

midwestbroker said:
most state insurance websites let you price all the available supps. I would try that.

Unfortunately our states website isn't accurate/up to date on any of the med supp rates. That's why I was asking here. Just trying to see how competitive GTL's rates and underwriting is compared to the other carriers here.

GTL medigap premiums have increased a lot over the past year. I have one couple paying almost $400/mo for a plan D. Granted they are 86 yrs old. I am going to switch them to a Wellcare Duet plan with $0 premium and maybe add the GTL advantage plus for roughly $40/mo premium. That will help them out tremendously since they can no longer afford their medigap.
It will also pay me pretty nicely at $1200 commish

A lot of supps went up.

Mutual of Omaha had a 17% increase in MO

BCBS of KC had a 7.6% increase

That is why people are starting to look more twords the MAPD plans rather then the traditional supplement. I have seen a lot of group people looking at these plans since their premiums have also gone up quite a bit.

If Medicare goes 75/25, supps will really jump.

Unfortunately our states website isn't accurate/up to date on any of the med supp rates. That's why I was asking here. Just trying to see how competitive GTL's rates and underwriting is compared to the other carriers here.

You may want to check out CSG. They may have the rates on there now.:cool:

Back