Medicare Advantage/Supplements

Mar 19, 2019

1. Paul O

Paul O New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hi,
    Being forced to relocate to The Villages, Fl. for personal reasons. Have built a real successful residential real estate sales business from scratch and having to start over again I am thnking about getting Insurance license and selling medicare products. I don't mind spending money to get my business off the ground. Just curious if people would recommend going to Humana/United Health/ Aetna or on my own through an FMO. I am 57 years old so not sure companies would hire me directly. Thanks for your advise.

Paul O, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    You can go direct with each company. But why do that when an FMO can give you lead co-op? No one cares about your age.

There’s a lot of competition in that area (villages) and UHC is a must have. Lots of doctors won’t take Med supps, only uhc part c.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Chazm, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Paul O

Paul O New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thanks. Read earlier that someone suggested starting out as a captive(?). Have been checking out different FMO's. Are there any better than others? Not afraid to spend money but would need some guidance. Thanks.

Paul O, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    You might also want to check out MedicareTraining101.com

5. Paul O

Paul O New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thanks Todd.

Paul O, Mar 19, 2019
  6. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I guess it depends on who and if you have no idea what’ to do. I’m sure you can find a small Indy shop in town (not named bankers).

Chazm, Mar 19, 2019
  7. ExProgrammer

ExProgrammer Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    How are they able to not take supps if they take Medicare?

8. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    They don’t take Medicare. It’s just odd that a company would only take part c and not Medicare/supps

Chazm, Mar 20, 2019
  9. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    I have sold insurance for 24 years. If I were to start over I would focus on dental, life and annuities. If u ho into the business of Med Adv and supplimental as ur main product ur client services will be very high as well as turnover. I would only use Med Adv and Supplemental medicare as a added goto product. Both products require much more customer service and phone calls. I am semi retired and almost all my business of 24 years revolves around having hiurs in ohone related to Medicare. Hardly ever a need to clarify life policies bc they are simple. These healthcare products carry high turnover as well. Focus in life and dental is my recommendation! Cheers

PCBI, Mar 20, 2019
  10. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    Med Supps require very little service work other than a yearly review. Some agents just don't have time for silly things like that though.