Medicare Advantage Training?/Transfer Program?

tom3

Expert
Hi,

I have Chris Westfalls training on Med Supps.

However, I am looking to find training on Medicare Advantage.

I havent found anything via Google so I decided to ask here.

The only thing I found remotely close via Google is: Berwick Insurance

Also, my upline offers a lead program that fronts you leads until you close a deal (if you dont close deals of course you owe them money). When you get the pipeline going, they take the cost of transfers out.

The transfers are "okay" if you work them and stay on the phone all day.

Does anyone know of a similar program?

Hi, I have Chris Westfalls training on Med Supps. However, I am looking to find training on Medicare Advantage. I havent found anything via Google so I decided to ask here. The only thing I found remotely close via Google is: Berwick Insurance ************************** Also, my upline offers a lead program that fronts you leads until you close a deal (if you dont close deals of course you owe them money). When you get the pipeline going, they take the cost of transfers out. The transfers are "okay" if you work them and stay on the phone all day. Does anyone know of a similar program?

If you plan to sell MAPD, you'll get all the training you will want through AHIP/Carrier certification. If you want more, take a CE class. That all kicks off soon. Days of mind numbing training.

I mean more or less, online training that is super easy.

I am already certified to sell Humana and UnitedHealthCare but I guess Chris spoiled us.

He has training videos for each carrier, scripts, etc the whole 9 yards.

The Humana and UnitedHealthCare Advantage, I wasn't really paying attention when I did the trainings online. I kind of rushed through them/did it with half a brain because I knew I wanted to focus on Med Supps.

Yes same thing Christopher Westfall says....compliance is a big deal and the secret shoppers...

Makes me want to stay away...

Anyone else want to chirp in and give advice please?

Yes same thing Christopher Westfall says....compliance is a big deal and the secret shoppers...

Makes me want to stay away...

Anyone else want to chirp in and give advice please?

Chirp chirp...I did MA for the 1st 3 years it was out, and the silly rules and the BS made me stay away.

I have sold them since 2013. I am not focusing on them at this point but they have helped pay the bills.

At this point I am focused on Med Supp but have MAPDs and PDPs available if needed. I think Med Supp is the superior product, but I am not always able to convince folks of this or some feel they simply can't afford.

They seem to be growing in popularity. I believe I read somewhere that 30% of 65+ have MA plans and 25% have Med Supp. Others have employer coverage, Medicaid, etc.

I think Med Supp is the superior product, but I am not always able to convince folks of this or some feel they simply can't afford.

I have said this before, and will say it again. (This is a general observation, not directed specifically at you, Jeff).

If you have to CONVINCE someone to buy your product, you are doing it wrong.

If they can't afford a Medigap plan then they can't afford an MA plan when they get sick.

I have said this before, and will say it again.
If they can't afford a Medigap plan then they can't afford an MA plan when they get sick.

I'm afraid I will have to take issue with this #1. My dad has been on Coventry MAPD since 2009. I told him to take the premium savings, and stash it away in case he ever needed to go into the hospital.

Well, September of 2014 through December of 2014, he had four operations. It cost him a whopping $4,365.00. Met his OOP in October of that year.

Was back in the hospital in January of 2015. Met his OOP in January of 2015.

Now, all that being said, I still wanted Aetna to close that plan, so I could move him to a Med Supp, but it was not to be.

For those that had a group health plan at work, that didn't mind being "nickeled and dimed" until they met a MOOP, than an MAPD is for them.

By the way, my dad was 80 in 2009, so do the math as to what the monthly premiums would have been for a Plan F for him then.

Once my dad kicks, I am only going to sell Med Supps. Already out of the PDP game. Not worth it.

Back