Medicare Advantage - TV Commercials . . .

No problems with getting approval. Most def want to be compliant. The way I read the new rules for 2018 - approval isn't necessary. But - that document was 160 pages - so, waiting on input from the Carrier reps.

Thanks for the input Todd.

You may want to talk with carrier compliance departments instead of carrier reps. And get it in writing.

I 100% agree with this. In this case it is better to get it approved 1st than have to deal with the company when they demand you take it off the air.

Spoke to CMS directly today.

Since it isnt "plan specific" there is no approval necessary. The viewer / caller is seeking information when THEY call in . . . The Agent will call them with basic information on how Medicare, Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage plans work. If the consumer shows an interest in information on plan specific Medicare Advantage plans in their area - then they can do a verbal SOA . . .

Spoke to CMS directly today.

Since it isnt "plan specific" there is no approval necessary. The viewer / caller is seeking information when THEY call in . . . The Agent will call them with basic information on how Medicare, Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage plans work. If the consumer shows an interest in information on plan specific Medicare Advantage plans in their area - then they can do a verbal SOA . . .

Well, alrighty then!

Well, alrighty then!

That's pretty much what I said . . .

Spots will be very generic. Talking about understanding the 130+ Page Medicare & You handbook.

Then when they transition to the IVR to receive their "free gift" - it will offer info on Burial Insurance, Diabetic Supplies, Durable Medical Equipment, etc.

Just another way to get Live Leads for our SIWL products . . .

That's pretty much what I said . . .

Spots will be very generic. Talking about understanding the 130+ Page Medicare & You handbook.

Then when they transition to the IVR to receive their "free gift" - it will offer info on Burial Insurance, Diabetic Supplies, Durable Medical Equipment, etc.

Just another way to get Live Leads for our SIWL products . . .

Did you tell CMS about that "free gift"? I don't think there will be a problem since you're not actually selling it, but better make sure!

Did you tell CMS about that "free gift"? I don't think there will be a problem since you're not actually selling it, but better make sure!

The "free gift" is just a Discount Prescription Card. It has no monetary value.

Basically - after Mrs Jones requests more info on Medicare & You - "Thanks for calling in today - I'll transfer you now to get your Free Discount Prescription Card - Please stand by!"

Back