Medicare AEP Countdown

Last apt of the night. Called in earlier today, didn't say anything about Medicare, just about replacing her Cobra. She is under 65. She has husband with her, he is 57, on Medicare due to back issues, A/B only, no pdp or creditable coverage since May this year.

She worked in doctor's office, therefore, anti-MAPD. I finally got her talked into a MAPD enrollment for him, submitting two medsupp apps, one to MOO one to CICA, G and N respectively, if approved by either, use the MADP to exit the MAPD. Jees... what a PITA case. Wrote her a off-x HSA eligible plan with BCBS. Turns out I have her mom, brother, and other fam-damily insured.

Popped the champagne, had to force one of the girls to shut her computer off and toasted a great AEP with a great team. 206 new final count.

Luckily, it was two MAPDs. I wouldn't have done it for part d. This is only my second Medicare AEP selling MAPD/PDP so I am still out there pounding the pavement. Gotta have something to fall back on when U65 implodes in the next 18 months.

The lead came directly from a carrier, 80% of those are sales of some type for me so when they call, I go. (they called carrier, carrier called me and told me to go if I could)

I can't wait to get to the office today for my first telephone call, "I'd like to review my Part D". hahaha

On the bright side, I have an unusual appointment this morning. The prospect is in the hospital after having had extensive back surgery last Friday. He is on Obamacare now, and, new to Medicare 1.01.16.

I generally run all my appointments in my office. Since the hospital is just 3 blocks from my office, I will walk over with the med supp & Part D app.

I can't wait to get to the office today for my first telephone call, "I'd like to review my Part D". hahaha

On the bright side, I have an unusual appointment this morning. The prospect is in the hospital after having had extensive back surgery last Friday. He is on Obamacare now, and, new to Medicare 1.01.16.

I generally run all my appointments in my office. Since the hospital is just 3 blocks from my office, I will walk over with the med supp & Part D app.

Did you suggest a nurse just wheel him over to the office? Fresh air will do him good.

Or could meet at the taco stand for a breakfast burrito. As long as he buys.

Rick

The implosion has already started. Doubt it will take 18 months to essentially disintegrate.

I have nothing on-exchange as of January 1st, 2016. All I have is Humana off-exchange.

As far as AEP, the best I've ever had. Hard to get going this morning, but have to. :yes::laugh:

Back