Medicare and Cannabis

Interesting question came up today and I honestly don't know the answer.

Good old Mary Jane has been prescribed Cannabis to help her with chronic pain. She does not wish to take Opiates and her doc doesn't want to prescribe them.

She lives in a state where medical cannabis is available. It's still considered a class one drug via the Feds, so would any Insurance company cover it? Or, because of the contact with Medicare, it will not be covered at all?

I'm thinking the later but another agent feels that a MAPD plan may move forward in covering this. Simply because they are able to cover some things that Medicare can not.

Whose right?

High F maybe ?

I think it's time that we included medical cannabis as it safe treatment for pain related issues. I had to do this ankle surgery that was killing me and I wish I could be able to get at least some kind of cannabis oil. I was like enough for my doctor to prescribe me some cannabis edibles that I got to buy for a very good price from Venice Beach Cannabis Dispensary | Green Goddess and the difference was way too big. I could continue my day without having to think about the pain that was aching before taking these products. I didn't even have to smoke weed at all which is the best part.
I also prefer edibles to smoking weed. My lungs are not that resistant.

Back