Medicare Auto Enrollments From Employer Plans

No idea on the percentages. No idea on how to find out. Probably easier to get the 7 secret herbs and spices in the Colonel's chicken.

I think they are auto-enrolling the tenncare/medicare people into SNPS in my state. (not employer, but their MCO).

SAE's (seamless auto enrollments) are done by some of the biggest well known insurance companies like BCBS. I am totally against them as it is, and some are absent or ignored the mailing of these and are auto enrolled without them even knowing since they never opted out. They use the current base of customers that are transitioning to medicare off individual ACA coverage and send one of the PPO MAPD plans as an SAE.

CMS certainly doesn't understand the disregard of choice and rights of beneficiaries newly enrolled into medicare. It's a simple way to take advantage of folks not knowing how medicare works.

The seamless conversion is supposed to include an opt-out form. If you don't sign and send it back you are auto-enrolled in a plan of the CARRIERS choice.

Isn't that great? You will be enrolled in a plan of our choice unless you say otherwise. Perfect DC logic.

Of course the notice probably get's lost in all the other junk "Welcome to Medicare" mail that arrives on your doorstep.

Latest posts

Back