Medicare.Com ??

Not doubting you but is there somewhere you can site? I’ve never seen it

The law is very vague but on page 112 it basically states that: you cannot use the word Medicare in a manner that would convey the false impression that the business or product mentioned is approved, endorsed, or authorized by Medicare or any other government agency.

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Health-Plans/ManagedCareMarketing/Downloads/2014MedicareMarketingGuidelines.pdf

When I first started, I had a general agent who had a website with Medicare in the title and one of his FMOs objected to it. I do not know all the details but he did contact CMS and received clarification that it was okay to do.

Also, look at all the sites that have the word Medicare in their title.

Hope someone with more knowledge chimes in.

My experience has been the same as that of GoPokes. Clients call and say they got a letter from Medicare telling them to take action on their plan. When I explain what it is, they are upset at the tactic used. Train your clients to make you their first point of contact for anything related to Medicare and to call you if they receive any communication about Medicare and it will help avoid poaching of the low hanging fruit.

There is also a company that has nearly the same phone number as Medicare (1-800-Medicare). I accidentally called it and realized it was not Medicare. I doubt if a Medicare beneficiary would have realized it. Unfortunately I don't know what I actually dialed.

It's a $5MM domain name they bought and are using. They're a publicly traded company armed with legal and compliance departments larger than most people's agencies who are on here.

Is it deceptive to people who receive it? Sure it is. That's why they paid $5MM for it. It works just swimmingly. Illegal though? Clearly not.

That's life folks.

It's a $5MM domain name they bought and are using. They're a publicly traded company armed with legal and compliance departments larger than most people's agencies who are on here.

Is it deceptive to people who receive it? Sure it is. That's why they paid $5MM for it. It works just swimmingly. Illegal though? Clearly not.

That's life folks.

I’m talking about different people. The use MedicareAdvantage.com as their brand.

Walter

Back