Medicare covers annual vision exam for diabetics

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I came across this site when I was looking for specifics about what Medicare covers for vision. The GM retiree's are very concerned about vision coverage. This site gave good information on what Medicare does cover. The one thing that I didn't know about is if your diabetic Medicare will pay for an eye exam once every 12 months to check for vision loss due to the condition. I have a lot of diabetic clients that will find this useful. I'm sure some of you guys might also. Here's the link that lists the information

Medicare Interactive - When does Medicare cover eye care?

I came across this site when I was looking for specifics about what Medicare covers for vision. The GM retiree's are very concerned about vision coverage. This site gave good information on what Medicare does cover. The one thing that I didn't know about is if your diabetic Medicare will pay for an eye exam once every 12 months to check for vision loss due to the condition. I have a lot of diabetic clients that will find this useful. I'm sure some of you guys might also. Here's the link that lists the information

Medicare Interactive - When does Medicare cover eye care?

Great information. I didn't know that either and I thought I knew "everything". :D

Good call, I could have checked there first. Just have had some issues with looking up procedures through that search engine.

For instance, select Anesthesia (Inpatient). It will tell you it's covered under Part A, Patient responsibility is 20% and they have to fulfill their Part B Deductible of $162. Say what???

Back