Medicare Covers Full Cost of HHC?

EastCoastAgent

HHC= Home health care.

IS it hard to get approved for hhc?
and as far as I understand it, you get LTC for FREE.

I obviously need education, but i'm certain most agents are oblivious to the finer details of HHC. My last Manager told me that HHC was only available for 40 days.

EHH, WRong you get it for 60 days at a time and can renew it as long as doctor re-certifies. You can get it as long as you qualify. No max I think.

Can anyone share their thoughts about this topic?

If you think Medicare approved HHC is LTC for free you better have first dollar E&O coverage and a lot of it.

originally posted by EastCoastAgent

HHC= Home health care.
I obviously need education, but i'm certain most agents are oblivious to the finer details of HHC. My last Manager told me that HHC was only available for 40 days.

Are you talking about someone who has private health insurance or someone who is 65+ and is on Medicare?

Title of post was "Medicare covers full cost of HHC? Not sure if he was talking about Non- Medicare .

HHC= Home health care.
EHH, WRong you get it for 60 days at a time and can renew it as long as doctor re-certifies. You can get it as long as you qualify. No max I think.
Can anyone share their thoughts about this topic?

If you sell any products involving health insurance or products to the senior market, then yes, you do need an education. (in a hurry)

Medicare will only provide skilled care after a 3-day hospital stay. Skilled care refers to care provided by doctors, nurses and/or therapists.

Medicare will not provide HHC or a nursing home stay for custodial care, which is care required by a patient to preform their activities of daily living. 90% of care provided today is custodial in nature.

Medicare will only be available for skilled care after a 3-day hospital stay and will pay only up to 100 days with some heavy deductibles and co-pays, unless the patient has a Medicare Supplemental or Medicare Advantage policy.

Someone with Alzheimer's or Parkinson's as an example will not be eligible for Medicare services. That person does not require skilled care, they require custodial care.

On the other hand, someone with a hip replacement will require skilled care upon immediate release from a hospital stay. They may receive that care in a rehab facility (a skilled care nursing home) or at home, depending upon the doctor's recommendation.

But in any scenario, after 100 days Medicare is out of the picture, and if additional care is required, costs are paid for out-of-pocket.

Alzheimer's can last for 10 years or more. At $80,000 a year in a nursing home, most people are broke in a few short years.

Now, if that person had a long term care policy...........................

Take a look at Medicare.gov

https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/skilled-nursing-facility-care.html

If you sell any products involving health insurance or products to the senior market, then yes, you do need an education. (in a hurry)

Medicare will only provide skilled care after a 3-day hospital stay. Skilled care refers to care provided by doctors, nurses and/or therapists.

Medicare will not provide HHC or a nursing home stay for custodial care, which is care required by a patient to preform their activities of daily living. 90% of care provided today is custodial in nature.

Medicare will only be available for skilled care after a 3-day hospital stay and will pay only up to 100 days with some heavy deductibles and co-pays, unless the patient has a Medicare Supplemental or Medicare Advantage policy.

Someone with Alzheimer's or Parkinson's as an example will not be eligible for Medicare services. That person does not require skilled care, they require custodial care.

On the other hand, someone with a hip replacement will require skilled care upon immediate release from a hospital stay. They may receive that care in a rehab facility (a skilled care nursing home) or at home, depending upon the doctor's recommendation.

But in any scenario, after 100 days Medicare is out of the picture, and if additional care is required, costs are paid for out-of-pocket.

Alzheimer's can last for 10 years or more. At $80,000 a year in a nursing home, most people are broke in a few short years.

Now, if that person had a long term care policy...........................

Take a look at Medicare.gov

https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/skilled-nursing-facility-care.html

Arthur: Have you seen Standard Life and casualty's Home Health Care plan? Almost no health underwriting. If you ahve seen it, what do you think of the product? Worth having?

Arthur: Have you seen Standard Life and casualty's Home Health Care plan? Almost no health underwriting. If you ahve seen it, what do you think of the product? Worth having?

Great product to have. Easy to explain and Rx benefit pays out (in most cases) as much as the premiums paid...

Rx benefit pays out (in most cases) as much as the premiums paid

So the carrier is being benevolent, pricing a product to lose money in order to gain ................. what?

So the carrier is being benevolent, pricing a product to lose money in order to gain ................. what?

2 x recruiter pitched me this product as one where the client makes money.

I asked the same thing you did and the answer both times was " I don't know how it works it just does"

That's why I am sceptical makes no sense to me

They're banking on the client not taking the time to fill out the simple claims form after 6 months or so. In a perfect world, if the client took full advantage of the RX benefit each month, the carrier wouldn't make money. Kemper's claim history on their RX benefit showed that most client's quit using the RX benefit by the 9th month.

Latest posts

Back