Medicare Educational Seminar

Mcfeelysz

I've done a little research on this topic but I'm having trouble envisioning how to approach my first seminar.

I was hoping some agents/brokers with some experience might shed a little light on this.

How do you set up a seminar?
Where do you typically host such an event?
How do you advertise(if you do)?

I am really eager to get these going but the advice i am getting seems a little vague... "find a place where seniors are and set one up."

All comments/advice is welcome!

Seniors hang out in the waiting room, at the senior center, restaurants with early bird specials . . .

WHERE you do the seminar is not as important as . . .
  • how you motivate them to come
  • what you say at the seminar
  • how you say what you say at the seminar
  • how much information you provide vs trying to SELL something

Seniors hang out in the waiting room, at the senior center, restaurants with early bird specials . . .

WHERE you do the seminar is not as important as . . .
  • how you motivate them to come
  • what you say at the seminar
  • how you say what you say at the seminar
  • how much information you provide vs trying to SELL something

Could you give an example of a good way to motivate seniors to come to a seminar?

I do them at my local library (ours is free, just no selling allowed). Have a PowerPoint presentation that has zero company info. Advertise them on Facebook through my agency's page. Our local council on aging has actually offered to put them in their news letter, because I don't push a company and I just show generically how supplement, mapd, pdp work and answer basic questions. (My contact info is, however, on the very last slide, and if someone wants to reach out to me after and discuss their particular situation, we can schedule that.

I do them at my local library (ours is free, just no selling allowed). Have a PowerPoint presentation that has zero company info. Advertise them on Facebook through my agency's page. Our local council on aging has actually offered to put them in their news letter, because I don't push a company and I just show generically how supplement, mapd, pdp work and answer basic questions. (My contact info is, however, on the very last slide, and if someone wants to reach out to me after and discuss their particular situation, we can schedule that.
Finally helpful info thank you!!

Back