Medicare.gov email soliciting MA plans

If it’s her first time being on an MA and she’s in her first 12 months, she’s in the trial period and can go back to her supplement on a GI basis. If she is in good health, then you can put her through UW to get a commission, but if there is no option or she is going to get a rate up I wouldn’t go that route.

I don't want to use trial right unless necessary, I like to get paid whenever possible especially when I did all To explain it was not right to change

Of course If she does not get approved we have that option to use though

these plans are much more inexpensive than the Supp they are on,

how often she is likely to visit MDs/other clinicians & actually pay those copays?

My clients are like most folks and buy on emotion, not logic.

Guess you guys and gals run with a different crowd.

first 12 months, she’s in the trial period and can go back to her supplement on a GI basis.

Yeah, but I don't like working for free.

If she is in good health, then you can put her through UW to get a commission

If the person is in good health they probably love their plan. The tune changes once their health goes south and they not only have to pay more for their care, but have to use docs on the approved list.

My clients are like most folks and buy on emotion, not logic.

Guess you guys and gals run with a different crowd.

Nope, I have the same clients that will have the same amount of remorse when they realize after the fact what they have done.

“somarco said:
Yeah, but I don't like working for free.

Me neither. I would use GI only as a last resort.

If you are using out of pocket health costs, ie after insurance payments, as an assessment of someone's (or a group's) potential health and health costs under an MA plan, I'm not sure that is a valid comparison.

Someone over 75 years old has a very small chance at staying healthy for too long

Talked to a guy yesterday that is 80, wife is T65. He will retire the end of the year. He has had the same group coverage for 29 years and it is primary.

Many health issues including A-fib.

And . . . he has had Part B since turning 65.

Can't pass underwriting. Does not want MA. Best rate on GI plan F is $228 from USAA.

Did I mention he is a cardiologist?

@gregj numbers don't mean much when you are dealing with real people who have real problems.

I run a business, not a charity. There are plenty of volunteers and social workers out there to help the poor.

No doubt poor people are grateful for what agents do for them, and will gladly refer them to people they know.

Who are most likely poor as well.

I am glad there are agents out there who are willing to go the extra mile for little or no compensation. I am just not one of them.

Got 2 referrals that I signed up yesterday based on helping someone who bought nothing. Both were past the point of being new to Medicare, but neither had every signed up with any plan (not even PDP). Guess you could say it was a good day...

Back