Medicare Leads

IBS

Is it possible to send out a generic medicare lead card in which we can be able to represent different MA plans in our area? If so can anyone point me in the right direction of how I can get it CMS apporved if needed?

We already have a local mailer which has a list according to age. I also have a sample lead card that we used before from our prior FMO. But we have since left for various reasons. I just want to be compliant with CMS.

If the lead card is generic and doesn't mention Medicare Advantage it should be no problem. When you contact for an appointment you would have to make it company specific.

I am sure somebody will let me know if I'm wrong.

I'm getting a wealth of infomation from some credible sources on sales practices for 09. Before dropping a penny, make sure all is right.

From what I've read and heard so far, we cannot call at all - unless, they call you first. I may be wrong and I hope I am but that seems to be the paralleled word on marketing - in terms of mail pieces - that prospects must contact you, initially. I'm not 100% sure at this time, though, so take my 2 cents for whatever it's worth and do your dd.

If you learn something otherwise, please let us know. Tx.

So I'm getting all different answers in this forum. I guess thats why they call it a forum in the first place.

Does anyone know what the rules are in marketing for 2009? References could help. I already know theres no cold caling, house to house, enticing with meals, etc. But can we mention anything about MA plans in our mailer? In the mailer we sent out in 2008 it mentions about MAPD, PFFS, and PDP plans. Did it change for next year?

Does this mailer need to be approved by CMS? On the mailer we used last year I do not see any CMS approved numbers.

About contacting Medicare beneficiaries, I always thought that as long as they write in their phone number and reply back to your mailer, you can call them back.

Any insight on this matter will be appreciated. I think if I went with a national mailing company they will already have an MA template for 2009. But due to cost and with the fact that we are already working with a local company, I would rather continue to do business with them.

Why not contact a few lead companies and ask to see a sample of said 2009 MA lead?

Your forum handle cracks me up. I'm sure you know IBS can also stand for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. :D

You should be trying to put them on a med supp to begin with. If they can't qualify or just can't (or won't) afford it, then present the MA. If you have to, tell them you can't talk to them about an MA plan without them contacting you, of course by then you've already given them your cell phone #, go stand in the street and let them call you! No problem!

I'm getting a wealth of infomation from some credible sources on sales practices for 09. Before dropping a penny, make sure all is right.

From what I've read and heard so far, we cannot call at all - unless, they call you first. I may be wrong and I hope I am but that seems to be the paralleled word on marketing - in terms of mail pieces - that prospects must contact you, initially. I'm not 100% sure at this time, though, so take my 2 cents for whatever it's worth and do your dd.

If you learn something otherwise, please let us know. Tx.

you are absolutelly correct, the rules are tightening up for 2009. Also on the drawing board and I don't know if this is CMS or insurance companies, but you can't even mention ma plans when you sit with a senior unless you have a disclaimer signed by them that they know the plan you are presenting is not a supplement and you definitely can't crossell them or mention anything else at that appoitment.

Honest people don't have anything to worry about. It would be a 'he said she said'. If the agent is upfront there isn't a complaint. The rules are to keep marginally honest people in line.

Latest posts

Back