Medicare, Medicaid in California

The_Scholar

Expert
I may not have study well enough, but I passed my test with 100%. Does California provide seniors with Medicare or Medicaid?

Re: Medicare, Medicaid..??? California

Congratulations on passing the test and Good Luck!!!

To answer your question: Medicaid is a State Program and Medicare is a Federal Program. It would depend on the income level to qualify for Medicaid.

Last edited:

Congratulations on passing the test and Good Luck!!!

To answer your question: Medicaid is a State Program and Medicare is a Federal Program. It would depend on the income level to qualify for Medicaid.

Both Medicare (mainly for Seniors) and Medicaid (for the poor) are federal programs. Medicaid even though a federal program is run by the states and so in Maine it is Mainecare the states can mess with the eligibilty guidlines to a certain degree (part of what is screwing up Maine). So think medicare seniors and some disabled and Medicaid poor.

Both Medicare (mainly for Seniors) and Medicaid (for the poor) are federal programs. Medicaid even though a federal program is run by the states and so in Maine it is Mainecare the states can mess with the eligibilty guidlines to a certain degree (part of what is screwing up Maine). So think medicare seniors and some disabled and Medicaid poor.

what i don't understand is how could someone pass their L&H license exam (with 100%) and not understand the difference between medicare and medicaid.

what i don't understand is how could someone pass their L&H license exam (with 100%) and not understand the difference between medicare and medicaid.

I'm trying to think back 10 years for when I got my license and I don't seem to remember anything about medicare and medicaid to get my life and health license nor do I think med sups were mentioned, I was told and I believe to this day the licensing is a joke. Most of whats on the test doesn't pertain to actually operating as an agent.

And also to be fair I hear supposed financial gurus , commentator etc constantly mixing up medicare and medicaid.

Back