Medicare Millionaire

I'm not trying to sell you on anything. I stated that from the very beginning, there are two ways to skin this cat. I choose F2F, others choose phone sales. I'm interested in helping agents become successful in whatever avenue they choose

But you clearly have a bias toward F2F so you tend to talk up F2F and talk down phone sales.

But you clearly have a bias toward F2F so you tend to talk up F2F and talk down phone sales.

Yes, you are correct. The reason I brought this up is that I am constantly asked what my opinion is regarding phone sales vs F2F. I'm giving my opinion and it is biased just as we see those biased for phone sales, talking up phones sales.

It's a very reasonable conversation to have. This is a rough group to come out and state a position with, as you may have seen with Bevo. I'm fine with that, I can more than handle it. I wish it wasn't the case, but so be it. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to get more involved with this platform. Many agents come here for information and they should get a diverse range of opinions.

Yes, you are correct. The reason I brought this up is that I am constantly asked what my opinion is regarding phone sales vs F2F. I'm giving my opinion and it is biased just as we see those biased for phone sales, talking up phones sales.

It's a very reasonable conversation to have. This is a rough group to come out and state a position with, as you may have seen with Bevo. I'm fine with that, I can more than handle it. I wish it wasn't the case, but so be it. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to get more involved with this platform. Many agents come here for information and they should get a diverse range of opinions.

Just curious here, how much selling of Medicare products by phone have you done? The reason I ask is because if you haven't done it, I mean really done it, then you can't be objective.

I've done both. Been successful at both. And over the phone is much more efficient for me.

Just curious here, how much selling of Medicare products by phone have you done? The reason I ask is because if you haven't done it, I mean really done it, then you can't be objective.

I've done both. Been successful at both. And over the phone is much more efficient for me.

I've spent years on the phone. Not so much selling medicare, but a fair amount selling individual health. I didn't enjoy selling medicare over the phone. I've run an operation with at least 20 people on the phone. I don't do well working the phone by myself from my home office. If I were around a group of agents and all were pounding the phone that might work for me. When I sold medicare over the phone, I was by myself and felt isolated, no fun. I can see how some people would like that, but not me.

Having said that, I will work the phone in the future, but for inbound leads that I create. I think every insurance agent should be thinking about creating inbound leads from internet marketing/social media marketing.

I've spent years on the phone. Not so much selling medicare, but a fair amount selling individual health. I didn't enjoy selling medicare over the phone. I've run an operation with at least 20 people on the phone. I don't do well working the phone by myself from my home office. If I were around a group of agents and all were pounding the phone that might work for me. When I sold medicare over the phone, I was by myself and felt isolated, no fun. I can see how some people would like that, but not me.

Having said that, I will work the phone in the future, but for inbound leads that I create. I think every insurance agent should be thinking about creating inbound leads from internet marketing/social media marketing.
I have done both F2F and telesales and have been successful at both methods. Telesales is definitely more efficient but I really enjoy F2F sales. It really sucks sitting in the office all day staring at the computer but it is nice to be able to work in your pajamas, go to the gym during lunch or get a quick round of golf in and go back to work.

I’m not saying that F2F is inefficient though, I built my book that way using direct mail...

Mike, Scott - both of you have sold F2F and over the phone.

Is there anything in the sales process you can do F2F that CANNOT be accomplished by phone?

FWIW, I also have had F2F appointments. But that was before Al Gore invented the internet and when phone sales had a few challenges.

Green10.jpg

Mike, Scott - both of you have sold F2F and over the phone.

Is there anything in the sales process you can do F2F that CANNOT be accomplished by phone?

FWIW, I also have had F2F appointments. But that was before Al Gore invented the internet and when phone sales had a few challenges.

Green10.jpg
It may be easier to cross sell F2F or that could just be a mind set. I still do some cross selling but not as much. I did do more sales face to face but I also worked a lot more...

Back