Medicare Millionaire

I remember that game well. I do appreciate you noticing and expressing condolence for my fathers passing. While I was planning this for a while, his passing triggered me to get started immediately.

As for recruiting, NO. As for training, sure if others can get a little something, why not.

----------

This is accurate. I'm not new to this business. I actually go back to 1989 in Life and health. 2009 in Medicare. Life came along and I fell into a hole. No matter what I tried, I just wasn't digging out. The energy, focus enthusiasm weren't there any longer. Medicare Millionaire is a motivator for me, that's it.

You may have heard Conner McGregor say "When you have a goal, speak it out loud" (many have said this in many ways). This is me doing that. From the tallest mountain there is, the INTERNET! It has worked!

The above were responses to Somarco and CHAZM comments. I simply haven't figured out this site

----------

Congratulations on doing this and holding yourself accountable! You seem like a pretty cool guy I wish you very well.

Great numbers too, keep it up!

Thanks, I appreciate your words.

I'm going to keep hammering!!!!

Last edited:
What’s your marketing strategy? DM? TM? Internet?

Direct mail and Filipino telemarketing, 4-10 appts every day. I have 2 FMO's direct mail for me. Sometimes I have 20-30 leads to work at a time. I map them out in Streets and Trips and optimize route. I don't schedule for times, only that I'll be there tomorrow am or pm.

I try very hard to make each and every one of them feel important, because they are. maintaining a take charge attitude, I never ask them which is best for them. I tell them what is best for them and how we're getting them signed up today.

That's more than you asked. I got carried away!

Keep doing what you are doing. Some will say sell over the phone but if what you are doing is working keep doing it. But hire an assistant. Have them help with literal paper pushing.

Direct mail and Filipino telemarketing, 4-10 appts every day. I have 2 FMO's direct mail for me. Sometimes I have 20-30 leads to work at a time. I map them out in Streets and Trips and optimize route. I don't schedule for times, only that I'll be there tomorrow am or pm.

I try very hard to make each and every one of them feel important, because they are. maintaining a take charge attitude, I never ask them which is best for them. I tell them what is best for them and how we're getting them signed up today.

Your FMO mails for you? I assume you are getting free leads from them and taking a haircut on comm? Or are you paying for the leads?

I do direct mail too and I have a TM calling. But I’m not sending out enough cards. I really should double it next year and double my sales.

Are you using paper apps or e-apps?

Will you continue at this pace during AEP or dial back to service existing clients?

You said "4 - 10 appointments per day". Any pre-qualification by you or the TM? How many no-shows or one-legs in those 4 - 10 appointments?

This is not a criticism, but a lot of agents have quite a bit of non-productive activities. They think they are busy, and they are, but there can be a lot of paddling without going anywhere.

Looking at your numbers, if you are averaging 7 appointments a day to get 1 sale, on the surface it looks like you can improve your "batting average".

That is a lot of dead windshield time, but as jemelton said, if it works for you stay the course.

Your FMO mails for you? I assume you are getting free leads from them and taking a haircut on comm? Or are you paying for the leads?

I do direct mail too and I have a TM calling. But I’m not sending out enough cards. I really should double it next year and double my sales.

I get full commission. It is not unusual for FMO's to drop mailers approaching AEP. I receive full commission plus and do not pay for the mailers. Prior to the most recent years, when my production has been terrible, I put up some good numbers and developed good relationships, this has been helpful.

The telemarketing is all I really need. 4-5 years ago, my american telemarketer could generate 12 leads a day. Now with the Filipino telemarketer, it's more like 8 per day at best, which is enough. This has always been my bread and butter.

I have always dropped a couple thousand here or there over the course of the year to keep things fresh. I used a wash-list mailer covering dental, FE, Vision, Med supp, etc... This gave me max return. I use past tense because it's been a couple years since I've done this. Now that I'm working again, I'll probably do it next Feb or Mar and again in Aug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using paper apps or e-apps?

Will you continue at this pace during AEP or dial back to service existing clients?

You said "4 - 10 appointments per day". Any pre-qualification by you or the TM? How many no-shows or one-legs in those 4 - 10 appointments?

This is not a criticism, but a lot of agents have quite a bit of non-productive activities. They think they are busy, and they are, but there can be a lot of paddling without going anywhere.

Looking at your numbers, if you are averaging 7 appointments a day to get 1 sale, on the surface it looks like you can improve your "batting average".

That is a lot of dead windshield time, but as jemelton said, if it works for you stay the course.

I'll use paper apps with some E-apps. I find it very annoying to have to get the apps from the system later. In other words, if I do an e-app I then have to later go into the system and find a copy of the app for my records. I should do more of that, but I've not developed that system.

My goal is 230 apps starting 8-1-17. No I won't slow down if I don't have heart attack. My goal for 2018 is 500 apps. I'll have to hire someone for service work. Med supps, FE, HI, don't require service work, too often. But I want to develop relationships with my clients, so I figure there will be the need for work in this area.

I never prequalify an appointment. I never call ahead to make sure they will be there. I just want to get in the house.

BTW, I don't mind criticism. When I envisioned this with the name MedicareMillionaire, I knew I would get that. My first video resulted in someone commenting that I stop making videos and start selling insurance. I knew it was coming and the comment is still there. I actually expected much worse and I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

Sounds like a solid marketing plan. Are your filipinos calling the DM leads and setting appts for them or are you calling the DM leads yourself and having your filipinos cold call a list? Also I'm curious, are you writing mostly Med Supps or Med Advantage?

Sounds like a solid marketing plan. Are your filipinos calling the DM leads and setting appts for them or are you calling the DM leads yourself and having your filipinos cold call a list? Also I'm curious, are you writing mostly Med Supps or Med Advantage?

I will focus om MA's during the AEP and try to mix it up the rest of the year. MA is obviously the easiest lead to obtain and easiest sale to make, so much bigger percentage.

Telemarketers strictly call the list, unless I have strict MA lead that requires phone call to be compliant. I door knock all other leads.

Back