To me all of the political stuff in the media and social media is just noise. It's always been there, will always be there, and it's out of our control. I used to let all of that political noise distract me from what's important, but I've learned better over the years.

To me all of the political stuff in the media and social media is just noise. It's always been there, will always be there, and it's out of our control. I used to let all of that political noise distract me from what's important, but I've learned better over the years.

Do you like to be informed about what your PROSPECTS and CLIENTS are exposed to or not?

I joined the AAOP for one simple reason.

So I would KNOW what kind of information is being fed to 38 MILLION people every day.

When someone says (fill in the blank) I probably know where they got that. Because I know I can offer FACTS instead of SPIN.

Currently there are 50 or so carriers writing Medigap in Georgia. I am only appointed with a few but I subscribe to CSG so I will KNOW who my competition is, their rate, and how long they have been in the Medigap business.

I make it a point to be informed.

Otherwise I am just like a carrier rep who can only tell you the way THEY do things and about THEIR rates.

What good is that?

I also come here every day. Sometimes more than once. Sometimes it is to learn. Sometimes to contribute.

You might be amazed at what I pick up here.

Especially from posts by agents and non-agents. I find out what they know and what they don't. It's a way of scoping out the competition.

Last edited:
Do you like to be informed about what your PROSPECTS and CLIENTS are exposed to or not?

I joined the AAOP for one simple reason.

So I would KNOW what kind of information is being fed to 38 MILLION people every day.

When someone says (fill in the blank) I probably know where they got that. Because I know I can offer FACTS instead of SPIN.

Currently there are 50 or so carriers writing Medigap in Georgia. I am only appointed with a few but I subscribe to CSG so I will KNOW who my competition is, their rate, and how long they have been in the Medigap business.

I make it a point to be informed.

Otherwise I am just like a carrier rep who can only tell you the way THEY do things and about THEIR rates.

What good is that?

I also come here every day. Sometimes more than once. Sometimes it is to learn. Sometimes to contribute.

You might be amazed at what I pick up here.

Especially from posts by agents and non-agents. I find out what they know and what they don't. It's a way of scoping out the competition.

Okay sorry about that Somarco - just thinking out loud. I do value that kind of information and I wasn't directing that comment at you.

I believe the media and politicians on both extremes deliberately try to gain attention by turning us all against each other. I just try not to get caught up in the emotions of it all and miss out on opportunities. That's all I meant, and I probably should have stayed silent.

Misinformation
I cant believe the misinformation or lack thereof that I come across.
I sat in on a recent medicare seminar and the agent stated multiple time that Plan F was discontinued as of Jan.
The room was.T65 all before Jan.

Mr Drum, no problem. We have had "differences" in the past but turns out it was more miscommunication than anything.

And yes, we can't control the media (social or otherwise) nor can we control what perspective clients (and existing clients) hear, see or read. It's out there and it is up to us to filter out the facts from spin.

I don't pay much attention to the MSM and social media has no filters. Both can say anything they want with impunity.

As agents and advisers we need to know how Medicare works but we also need to be keen to the misinformation that is out there.

The YT video referenced in this thread was almost completely wrong about Medicare but their misunderstanding about Medicare was compounded by peppering their pontifications with political statements.

Last edited:
Back