Medicare Number Before Card Arrives

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
At one time I had places bookmarked showing how to view and print a copy of your Medicare benefit verification letter.

All those bookmarks are invalid now. Both SS and Medicare have revised their sites and did not leave a forwarding address.

Got a new client who just signed up 7/20 for an 8/1 effective date. Wants to do his application no later than Wednesday.

Forum search didn't help but maybe I didn't use the right terms.

Help!!

At one time I had places bookmarked showing how to view and print a copy of your Medicare benefit verification letter.

All those bookmarks are invalid now. Both SS and Medicare have revised their sites and did not leave a forwarding address.

Got a new client who just signed up 7/20 for an 8/1 effective date. Wants to do his application no later than Wednesday.

Help!!

I would try using is social with an A after it even though is number will be the new way.

https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/enrollment/check-enrollment.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

The basic answer is that one can create a my social security account and view and print the information:
Manage Your Benefits With A my Social Security Account | Social Security Administration

2 caveats:
I have never tried to do that by adjusting displayed information as the link suggests is possible, so I don't know how that works.

If you are talking about signed up for SS on 7/20, there may be a lag in getting the information in systems that would show on mysocialsecurity screens. When I signed up for SS somewhere between 26-29 of the month for first of the following month effective date, the clerk told me I had the date I wanted but it would take around a week for processing and to get me my letter.

(I think there was an earlier discussion here about following the basic steps involved in order to see your new medicare number prior to receipt of your new card.)

I just signed up someone last week that just enrolled in Medicare as well. Like Bluediamond said, I’d just use his social right now with the appropriate letter. It still works.

But I will keep an eye on this thread to see the website.

That was my plan (SS + alpha) unless the brain trust had something definitive.

E-apps with carriers I use on a regular basis still take SS+ or the "alternative number", no dashes.

That was my plan (SS + alpha) unless the brain trust had something definitive.

E-apps with carriers I use on a regular basis still take SS+ or the "alternative number", no dashes.

Here's how you told us to do it:

I logged into my MySSA yesterday and viewed "Get a benefit verification letter". My new number appears on page 2 about a third of the way down.

Nice having an old guy around to help out the youngsters on this forum. . .

I just signed up someone last week that just enrolled in Medicare as well. Like Bluediamond said, I’d just use his social right now with the appropriate letter. It still works.

But I will keep an eye on this thread to see the website.

Didn't you have an agency which agents could call to verify or get Medicare numbers?

Help!!

An alternate option is to have the bene call Medicare directly - they will provide the Medicare number and verify A&B start dates. While annoying, it's accurate.

Having said that, some carriers will also allow you to leave the field blank if unknown, etc....

Didn't you have an agency which agents could call to verify or get Medicare numbers?

I do. Freedom. But if there is a website to easily look it up, that would be a nice resource as well.
I can’t use them for a client who enrolled in part B a couple of days before enrolling in a med supp. So I just used their SS

Back