Medicare Open Season, AEP trivia

bouckville

The annual "Medicare Open Season" is upon most of us again starting October 15-December 7. I recall in the 2009-2012 or so AEP ran later than December 7 into early January. What year was it standardized to just October 15-Dec 7?

Better question, what year was the FIRST AEP/"Medicare Open Season?" Given that, why are there no AEP anniversaries ?

To our more Senior Senior Health Insurance experts, thank you in advance for your answers...

In 1965 when Medicare started comprehensive major medical plans were rare. Most health insurance was base + major medical.

The base plan covered routine care like doctor visits, major med was for hospital claims.

Perhaps that is why Medicare is divided, to be more similar to private health insurance at the time.

Better question. Why is Part A "free" for most people but you have to pay a premium if you want Part B?

Todd, question for you about your signature.

Partner at ILIAA.org and MT101.com

When I Google MT101.com I get this.

Congratulations! MT101.com is for sale.

How many millions will you make when you sell it?

In 1965 when Medicare started comprehensive major medical plans were rare. Most health insurance was base + major medical.

The base plan covered routine care like doctor visits, major med was for hospital claims.

Perhaps that is why Medicare is divided, to be more similar to private health insurance at the time.

Better question. Why is Part A "free" for most people but you have to pay a premium if you want Part B?

Todd, question for you about your signature.

Partner at ILIAA.org and MT101.com

When I Google MT101.com I get this.

Congratulations! MT101.com is for sale.

How many millions will you make when you sell it?

If you click the link it takes you to the website. If you just type in exactly MT101.com you'll get something about the site being for sale. I have no idea what MT101 is, but it's not our website.

Back