Medicare Part A Questions

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
I need help clearing up a couple of Part A questions. I checked medicare website and didn't see a definitive explanation so I am posting questions here:

1. Does Part A cover all costs of doctors that treat you while you're admitted to the hospital or do you need to be enrolled in Part B to get these doctor costs covered?

2. Regarding Part A deductible - if, for example, you spend the first week of February in the hospital with a broken leg, and then you come back in March with an unrelated illness, do you have to pay the Part A deductible again? I have heard differing explanations about how the Part A deductible is applied.

Thanks to all for your help!

I need help clearing up a couple of Part A questions. I checked medicare website and didn't see a definitive explanation so I am posting questions here:

1. Does Part A cover all costs of doctors that treat you while you're admitted to the hospital or do you need to be enrolled in Part B to get these doctor costs covered?

2. Regarding Part A deductible - if, for example, you spend the first week of February in the hospital with a broken leg, and then you come back in March with an unrelated illness, do you have to pay the Part A deductible again? I have heard differing explanations about how the Part A deductible is applied.

Thanks to all for your help!

The doctors charges are a Part B expense, so must have Part B to have coverage.

The Part A deductible is based on the Medicare Benefit period ( each 60 days). So in your example above no, but if they were in the hospital in Feb then again in June then they would have another Part A deductible.

Question: met a client that has SSD and medicare. Her plan went out of business and she swears she wasn't notified. If not LIS when I meet her tomrrow, any way possible I can enroll her?

Back