Medicare PartC Under Fire W/ Automatic Cuts

MedSuppPro

Guru
1000 Post Club
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (enacted on August 2 as Public Law 112-25) made several changes to federal programs and established budget enforcement mechanisms—including caps on future discretionary appropriations—that were estimated to reduce federal budget deficits by a total of at least $2.1 trillion over the 2012–2021 period.

The Super Committee was formed as a part of this law which increased the debt ceiling limit. If they cannot agree on a recommendation, automatic cuts will occur. Anyone want to guess what the odds are for automatic cuts? So maybe we should be looking at what happens if the Super Committee can’t agree to agree.

The Automatic Cuts are part of the law which exempts a significant portion of mandatory spending—for programs such as Social Security and Medicaid—from sequestration, and has a special rule that limits the reductions in spending for Medicare. Reductions of 2.0 percent each year in most Medicare spending because of the application of a special rule that applies to that program, producing savings of $123 billion. The sequestration percentage cannot exceed 2.0 percent for payments made for individual services covered under Parts A and B and for monthly contractual payments to Medicare Advantage plans and Part D plans.

A 2.0 percent cut in payments to Part C plans would hurt. That coupled with the tax on payments to Part C plans would make Part C plans look very ugly.

Maybe the Super Committee should cut the Star Rating 5% bonus program out! :mad:

The Budget Control Act of 2011 (enacted on August 2 as Public Law 112-25) made several changes to federal programs and established budget enforcement mechanisms—including caps on future discretionary appropriations—that were estimated to reduce federal budget deficits by a total of at least $2.1 trillion over the 2012–2021 period.

The Super Committee was formed as a part of this law which increased the debt ceiling limit. If they cannot agree on a recommendation, automatic cuts will occur. Anyone want to guess what the odds are for automatic cuts? So maybe we should be looking at what happens if the Super Committee can’t agree to agree.

The Automatic Cuts are part of the law which exempts a significant portion of mandatory spending—for programs such as Social Security and Medicaid—from sequestration, and has a special rule that limits the reductions in spending for Medicare. Reductions of 2.0 percent each year in most Medicare spending because of the application of a special rule that applies to that program, producing savings of $123 billion. The sequestration percentage cannot exceed 2.0 percent for payments made for individual services covered under Parts A and B and for monthly contractual payments to Medicare Advantage plans and Part D plans.

A 2.0 percent cut in payments to Part C plans would hurt. That coupled with the tax on payments to Part C plans would make Part C plans look very ugly.

Maybe the Super Committee should cut the Star Rating 5% bonus program out! :mad:

Can you post the "Jim Utters Jenkins" aka link supporting this?:laugh:

I'm so glad to be 65 with a downline and healthy renewals. My wife's 30+ yr job has a nice little pension and savings plan. I'm selling the house and moving into a 40' motor home. We'll be debt free and I'll stock the storage bays with freeze dried food. I'm headin' to the hills.

Back