Medicare Plan "F" or ???

I'm confused... Is Medicare part "F" the same as a supplement/gap policy?

Caveat, not an agent.

(There is no Medicare Part F.)

The place to start with that question is to download a copy of 2021 medicare and you.

Read the parts of medicare on pages 5 and 6.

Then look at page 72 and see comparing Medigap plans.

This is a problem I had when first starting trying to understand Medicare. You must get two vocabulary terms straight. PART and PLAN.

PART is used for the 4 components of Medicare. Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D. Medicare and You will give you the basic understanding of each of those pieces.

PLAN is used in reference to the different types of Medicare Supplement (Medigap) policies you can purchase.

When starting out with Medicare, you must discipline yourself to use those two words carefully and correctly to avoid confusion on your part. Soon it will become second nature.

FYI: I'm coming off a Medicare Advantage Plan as of May 1, 2021. Have been approved by the Medicare folks for an exception.

Most reasonable agents understand "Part F" is "Plan F." Especially when you take into consideration the context of your question.

Some people can be over the top in correcting terminology. Long and short, Plan F is a Medigap plan.

You might want to see the cost difference between Plan F and Plan G. If it's more than $20 a month (it almost always is...) then Plan G is a more efficient use of your money.

Plan F you only pay the monthly premium and all Medicare approved out of pocket costs are covered.

Plan G works the exact same way, except you pay th Part B deductible.. which sounds scary until you realize it's currently $204 and usually doesn't increase more than 5-10 dollars a year.

Your information is awesome! As I am reading Parts and Plans... What is the relationship between Medicare Part D and a Drug supplement plan?

Back