Medicare Products Workshops . . .

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
I'll get this answer Monday - but it's bugging me to know now . . .

In a Venue setting - can you hold a Medicare Educational Presentation - like a work shop, discussing various "generic" Medicare products - Med Sup, MA's, Dental, Indemnity, etc and then immediately following - have two break out sessions - one discussing specific Medicare Advantage plans and another discussing all the other Medicare products?

Do this on the same day, same venue and advertise them both to the public in advance?

I'll get this answer Monday - but it's bugging me to know now . . .

In a Venue setting - can you hold a Medicare Educational Presentation - like a work shop, discussing various "generic" Medicare products - Med Sup, MA's, Dental, Indemnity, etc and then immediately following - have two break out sessions - one discussing specific Medicare Advantage plans and another discussing all the other Medicare products?

Do this on the same day, same venue and advertise them both to the public in advance?

As you've described it, that's a big HELL NO Lamb Chops!:no:

I know you've studied this recently.:)

As you've described it, that's a big HELL NO Lamb Chops!:no:

I know you've studied this recently.:)

I'm looking through the 1,234,567 page CMS Guidelines - but, can't find where it says you can't have separate events / presentations on the same day at the same venue at DIFFERENT times . . .

Maybe someone will show me before I ruin pretty good brain cells on this pdf . . . I attached it . . .

Attachments

• 2017 Medicare Marketing Guidelines.pdf
    731.3 KB · Views: 8
You're forgetting the part where you have to get your carrier's permission to do it (discuss specific MAPDs in a sales presentation--technically permission is not required for educational according to mine if no branded materials are present anywhere in the room, but carrier permission would be required for the MAPD "breakouts" you are suggesting). None of my MAPD carriers would approve the scenario you are describing, and having them without approval is grounds for termination or discipline with most of them. Three hours after the first one ends, maybe (like, if you rented a room all day). But immediately afterwards, no.

P.s. why don't you go on and check out page 50 while you are at it.

I'm looking through the 1,234,567 page CMS Guidelines - but, can't find where it says you can't have separate events / presentations on the same day at the same venue at DIFFERENT times . . .

Maybe someone will show me before I ruin pretty good brain cells on this pdf . . . I attached it . . .

Did you happen to read page 56-57 of your attachment Tom?

"At educational events, Plans/Part D Sponsors or their representatives are prohibited from the following:
• Discussing plan-specific premiums and/or benefits;
• Distributing plan-specific materials;
• Distributing or displaying business reply cards, scope of appointment forms, enrollment forms, or sign-up sheets;
• Setting up individual sales appointments or getting permission for an outbound call to the beneficiary;
• Attaching business cards or plan/agent contact information to educational materials, unless requested by the beneficiary; and
• Advertising an educational event and then have a marketing/sales event immediately following in the same general location (e.g., same hotel)."

----------

I was looking at the page counter at the top which includes the Table Of Contents. As TN_agent pointed out, the part I bolded is on Page 50.:)

Back