Medicare Questions & Answers Thread . . .

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
Okay - so a long time forum Member suggested that I become more humble and submit to those with greater experience and learn from their advice. Here goes:

My question is:

When holding a Medicare Advantage sales / marketing event - can you represent more than one Carrier at a specific event? Could my presentation include information on both Aetna and United Health Care plans?

If yes to the above - could I enroll interested Clients in whichever one they choose?

Okay - so a long time forum Member suggested that I become more humble and submit to those with greater experience and learn from their advice. Here goes:

My question is:

When holding a Medicare Advantage sales / marketing event - can you represent more than one Carrier at a specific event? Could my presentation include information on both Aetna and United Health Care plans?

If yes to the above - could I enroll interested Clients in whichever one they choose?

I already gave you my opinion.;)

Sure, do whatever you want. Throw a little FE out there while you're at it. Don't you remember where AHIP said you could push annuities at Medicare seminars as well? :1rolleyes:

Seriously, how did you pass AHIP? Did you just guess at the answers and miraculously pass?

Are you really going to risk your career (such that it is) based on the answers you're going to get on this forum? Many of the questions you ask are in AHIP or in other easily obtainable sources.

Perhaps the best use of this forum is to expose various FMOs such as Parker, NAA, Securus, etc. and answering questions and exchanging information about the business. The questions you have are best answered by your upline. Maybe they've already admonished you for asking questions that you should already know the answer to and you're embarrassed to ask any more?

If you're not going to take the time to really read AHIP and the carrier material, why bother with this forum or anything else? When you get a Section A violation or a complaint from the DOI, is your defense going to be that so and so on the forum told you you could do it?

Gentlemen (and ladies) most of you have had more interaction with this guy than I have. But I'm thinking that either this guy really is a menace and doesn't realize it, or he's one of the best (or worst) trolls to hit the forum in years. He's almost up there with Mary the Part D Lady and a few other legends who have graced us with their presence over the past decade. He makes some others who were oft ridiculed look like real pros by comparison.

Last edited:
Seriously, how did you pass AHIP? Did you just guess at the answers and miraculously pass?

Be humble Tom - be humble . . . ( See Todd - why try? )

This specific question wasn't discussed at all in the AHIP course.

I also can't find clear definition in the section 70.9 – Marketing/Sales Events and Appointments - Page 57 > in the Medicare Marketing Guidelines pdf . . .

----------

You might study AHIP and various carrier training. You clearly aren't cut out for selling insurance.

Rick

As usual Rick you - - - nope, I'm going to be humble like Todd said . . .

If this was found in AHIP or the specific Carrier information - I wouldn't have asked the question.

Now with your exhaustive knowledge - you should be able to easily answer the question and possibly point me in the direction of the source of the answer . . .

----------

----------

If you're not going to take the time to really read AHIP and the carrier material . . .

So - I read this:

In the Medicare Guidelines it says:

Marketing/sales events and appointments are designed to steer, or attempt to steer, potential enrollees toward a plan or limited set of plans. At marketing/sales events and appointments, plan representatives may discuss plan specific information and collect applications.

So - how would you answer my question?

Last edited:
I attached the pdf in case you would like to review it as well . . .

Attachments

• 2017 Medicare Marketing Guidelines.pdf
    731.3 KB · Views: 6
As usual Rick you - - - nope, I'm going to be humble like Todd said . . .

If this was found in AHIP or the specific Carrier information - I wouldn't have asked the question.

Now with your exhaustive knowledge - you should be able to easily answer the question and possibly point me in the direction of the source of the answer . .

Why in hell should any of us help you? You've told us time after time (going back to when you failed the 1st time) how this is easy and not rocket science. Many of us remember how you put us down in the past and now ignore our advice. You are a waste of time and only worthwhile because I can count on you always having to have the last word.

Put that 103 IQ of yours to work and learn insurance before you get sued, get a DOI violation, a CMS violation, etc. Or worse, screw your client.

You are not cut out for insurance. I'm thinking maybe something more in keeping with your learning ability like flipping burgers.

Rick

Put that 103 IQ of yours to work and learn insurance before you get sued, get a DOI violation, a CMS violation, etc. Or worse, screw your client.

Instead of always insulting - perhaps be humble yourself?

My question doesn't seem to be in violation with CMS rules. That is what I am trying to clarify. Thought perhaps the "experts" would know.

Impossible to screw a client with a Sup or MA / MAPD if you do it right. I'm trained to do it right . . .

This question was about Sales / Marketing Events - let's get back on track:

My question is:

Impossible to screw a client with a Sup or MA / MAPD if you do it right. I'm trained to do it right . . .

And that statement is exactly why it's worthless to try to help you.

If you were "trained to do it right" you would already know the answer or how to get it. And unlike you I have both the experience and training to answer your question in one sentence. But you're not worth my trouble.

Also, I thought you blocked me.

Pulling your strings again. Please respond, it's so much fun.

Rick

Back