Medicare - Release from Upline during AEP

There needs to be a law change or something that allows agents to cancel their FMO contract whenever they want, as long as they don't owe the FMO money or something.

It's not logical and simply immoral that agents can't switch FMOs whenever they want.

This practice must end. It's a total joke and simply outrageous. In real estate, agents can switch brokers whenever they want. Why not insurance?

Agents must also stop picking FMOs without research. Only go with bigger, more well-known FMOs with a good reputation and a known practice of releasing agents at the agents request.

There needs to be a law change or something that allows agents to cancel their FMO contract whenever they want, as long as they don't owe the FMO money or something.

It's not logical and simply immoral that agents can't switch FMOs whenever they want.

This practice must end. It's a total joke and simply outrageous. In real estate, agents can switch brokers whenever they want. Why not insurance?

Agents must also stop picking FMOs without research. Only go with bigger, more well-known FMOs with a good reputation and a known practice of releasing agents at the agents request.
Your giving this advice after being In the business for 6 months?.

My old upline said they would release me after AEP - but yes they are sucking in all the commissions - I am loosing out big time. Yes so I will loose out this AEP but do not worry I will make sure all agents in that company are aware of the low commissions and they do not even follow CMS regulated commissions. I have a charge back of $1k but they have cheated me over $4k in 2018 and 2019 so far its over $2500 difference in commissions. UNITED INSURANCE GROUP AGENCY INC out of Michigan - stay away from this company.

I actually write with them. What company are you getting screwed on? Just curious is I can check and see what the deal is. As far as I can tell I am getting paid the standard rate on everything. Were you captive with UIG on the broker side or just working with them as an FMO? Also who did you switch to? Feel free to PM me I’m curious to hear more about this.

I believe I am just under UIG as they are my FMO. This issue is I am in NJ and NJ and CA have higher commissions per CMS for MAPD's. UIG is not getting this and when I addressed they do not respond. Per CMS the max commission in NJ for MAPD is $601.00 UIG is paying $240.00 . This is a big difference. My leads are coming from my new FMO and I have to submit the business under UIG for this one carrier. My New FMO pays $601.00. This is my dispute. I asked UIG to match the commission and am getting no response and being ingored. I am getting 0 support or leads from UIG and getting paid half as less than I would with my new FMO where I am getting great support and my personal office space that I pay for is on the same floor as the carrier office.

Reactions: Rod
I believe I am just under UIG as they are my FMO. This issue is I am in NJ and NJ and CA have higher commissions per CMS for MAPD's. UIG is not getting this and when I addressed they do not respond. Per CMS the max commission in NJ for MAPD is $601.00 UIG is paying $240.00 . This is a big difference. My leads are coming from my new FMO and I have to submit the business under UIG for this one carrier. My New FMO pays $601.00. This is my dispute. I asked UIG to match the commission and am getting no response and being ingored. I am getting 0 support or leads from UIG and getting paid half as less than I would with my new FMO where I am getting great support and my personal office space that I pay for is on the same floor as the carrier office.

I’m assuming you write only t65

I switched FMO's right before AEP to a local company where I have face to face support. Of course my prior FMO (UIG) is not releasing one of my carriers and after researching I found out the commissions paid out for MAPD's was less than half of the CMS recommended commissions for my state. In 2018 I was cheated out of over $4k in MAPD commissions. UIG is refusing to release one of my insurance carriers /contracting. I have not submitted any prior business under this carrier. My new FMO pays commissions based on CMS for MAPD, UIG pays less than half. UIG pays MAPD $240 - CMS allows $601.00 There is a huge difference in the commission. I had to submit a bunch of apps already to UIG and have asked them to match the commission. I get my leads directly from this insurance carrier and NO support of leads from UIG and they are taking more than half my commission per application. I have filed a complaint but not sure if that will be helpful. Is there anything else I can do??? Please help

Okay, let's get specific because some insurance companies do get specific about releases. Which company are you trying to move? Have you been told that the actual insurance company will not let you switch during AEP? You should have been, because this is more than likely true.

If you have not written business with this company in the past 6 months AND you have been contracted for at least 6 months, you might not need the release anyway. However, I say it again, the insurance company probably wouldn't let you switch right now anyway.

Sure. This is a great idea. Fantastic.

Let's regulate entrepreneurs. Sounds like a really, really fun time.

Immoral... Really?

Like others have indicated - agents need to put their big boy pants on and stop complaining about contracts which they signed up for.

as a licensed agent that goes through extensive testing, compliance training, certifications, AHIP, etc and I sign on with a company I expect ethical behavior - My upline knows very well the leads I get are provided from another source - I send the lead sheets. I have the CMS max commissions allowed and my current FMO follows those commissions - and they still will not match. That is my issue. They give me no reason to want to work with them.

Latest posts

Back