Medicare - Release from Upline during AEP

Yes I am learning - its the price paid for being newer in business. So with that being said - what is everyone's advise for making consistent income in this business especially after AEP/OEP. In NJ there is no hospital indemnity to add on just cancer/HA/Stroke insurance and final expense. What else is everyone doing to stay consistent all year?

Med Sups and FE are the staples.

next time do better reasearch. Most MAPD carriers are in a blackout period and even with a release you are not moving until 1/1/19. Bottom line, dont sell the product. This one you have to accept responsibility since you did not do the research. The upline is at no fault as you signed the agreement and they are under no obligation to release you. I know it is terrbile, but we all have been through something like this.

Your giving this advice after being In the business for 6 months?.

Your rudeness is a shame since I did you the courtesy of speaking with you. It's not the first time you've responded in such a way to one of my posts.

Just ignore my posts going forward.

Sure. This is a great idea. Fantastic.

Let's regulate entrepreneurs. Sounds like a really, really fun time.

Immoral... Really?

Like others have indicated - agents need to put their big boy pants on and stop complaining about contracts which they signed up for.

Yes, the agent made a mistake. And yes, it's still immoral because the upline took advantage of the agent. The upline knew the agent was new and didn't know.

Yes you are right... moving on and staying positive ! Helping my clients the best way I can - happy clients happy me!!

Ok I need more advise on here. I posted my issue with my Agency/Upline not releasing one of my Insurance carriers during AEP - well there are more issues.
I emailed my manager from UIG Sept 5th 2018 requesting the 2019 MAPD commission payouts and was told they were not available while local agencies were transparent about the commissions following CMS commission guidelines etc. I never heard back from my upline and signed on with another local upline meanwhile I was not getting the release from 1 carrier that turns out I am writing the most business for.

Getting no communication , NO sales support , No marketing/leads etc NOTHING from UIG. I am still submitting my business for this 1 carrier - Its the majority of my AEP business now. I am signed on with another Upline/agency this agency set me up with the insurance carrier but my enrollments are going under UIG /old upline. Last week UIG terminated me from the agent portal and I am not able to see commissions etc. UIG has me in touch with a legal person and I have been trying to work through her with getting answers etc. I do not feel like UIG is being compliant as I am terminated and they will not release an Insurance carrier that I am submitting business under them.

I am totally frustrated about this entire business. I would have been better off not submitting my MAPD's but the leads are really great and I want to continue the carrier relationship that I have built - with NO help from UIG.

Need advise on what do do

Step 1, stop writing that plan that you like. It’s not that hard, I’m sure there are other plans that are close to it. I had an upline not release me years ago. I stopped writing freedom and when my 6 months were up I was able to write them but rarely do. And it’s a fine plan.

That was my intention but the plan makes sense for my market and my clients have given good feedback etc. I have other carriers too and really try to make the best fit for my clients- I get carrier leads - appointments set up direct by the carrier - and want to continue this relationship -

I believe I am just under UIG as they are my FMO. This issue is I am in NJ and NJ and CA have higher commissions per CMS for MAPD's. UIG is not getting this and when I addressed they do not respond. Per CMS the max commission in NJ for MAPD is $601.00 UIG is paying $240.00 . This is a big difference. My leads are coming from my new FMO and I have to submit the business under UIG for this one carrier. My New FMO pays $601.00. This is my dispute. I asked UIG to match the commission and am getting no response and being ingored. I am getting 0 support or leads from UIG and getting paid half as less than I would with my new FMO where I am getting great support and my personal office space that I pay for is on the same floor as the carrier office.

$601 vs $245 is a lot! Are you sure?

Back