Medicare Savings Program

Melo5457

Expert
When it comes to Medicare Savings Programs (Medicaid) --I am finding a lot of Seniors may have issues in completing these by themselves, just want to clarify---Agents can not assist Beneficiaries in completion of these forms, correct? Thanks for your response!

When it comes to Medicare Savings Programs (Medicaid) --I am finding a lot of Seniors may have issues in completing these by themselves, just want to clarify---Agents can not assist Beneficiaries in completion of these forms, correct? Thanks for your response!

I’m not aware of any rule that we can’t. I do all the time.
Unless we can’t. In that case. I never have...

I know we can assist with the Extra Help Application (LIS ), but on the Medicaid form it ask about Income, so that is why I was questioning that

I know we can assist with the Extra Help Application (LIS ), but on the Medicaid form it ask about Income, so that is why I was questioning that
One of the questions on the Extra Help application is an opt out of MSP consideration. I’ve helped with this application by explaining its importance and giving guidance on how to answer questions that they don’t understand. No prohibition against that I’m aware of.

For those trying to figure out how and when the couple maximum income can be applied. Basically, if you don't both qualify for medicare then the individual totals apply. Basically, if you live on a single retirement income being a married couple vs. just living together unless you are both trying to get the medicare saving program the "couple" maximums are not applied...the individual income level is used.
https://www.hca.wa.gov/assets/free-or-low-cost/MSP-Eligibility-Chart.pdf

For those trying to figure out how and when the couple maximum income can be applied. Basically, if you don't both qualify for medicare then the individual totals apply. Basically, if you live on a single retirement income being a married couple vs. just living together unless you are both trying to get the medicare saving program the "couple" maximums are not applied...the individual income level is used.
https://www.hca.wa.gov/assets/free-or-low-cost/MSP-Eligibility-Chart.pdf

Huh?

Back