Medicare Supp / MAPD Comp Stability

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
Or those of you who have been selling med supp and MAPD for 10+ years...has broker compensation been stable or has it been declining?

Furthermore, what do you prognosticate for the next 10 years...will it go to hell in a hand basket like IVL?

It has decreased a bit, but my book of business has outgrown any negative impact. I see the next ten being like the last 20, more of the same. Change is constant, stay loose and informed, one thing is for sure, no matter how crazy it gets, everyone needs the expert.

Or those of you who have been selling med supp and MAPD for 10+ years...has broker compensation been stable or has it been declining?

Furthermore, what do you prognosticate for the next 10 years...will it go to hell in a hand basket like IVL?

MA plans do pay less today than they did when they first came out. A lot has changed in that area. Med Supps are still pretty much paying out what they did 10 years ago.

Now, some of the "soothsayers" that I've talked to seem to thing that Med Supps are going to go away and all we'll be left with is MA Plans. Furthermore, they do seem to think that the MA companies will be narrowed down to about 3 major companies and that's it.

Although I do see some changes in the Med Supps coming, I just don't see that Med Supps going away in their entirety anytime in the near future. We do see evidence of many MA companies being bought out by some of the major players (Aetna, etc) though.

MA plans do pay less today than they did when they first came out. A lot has changed in that area. Med Supps are still pretty much paying out what they did 10 years ago.

Now, some of the "soothsayers" that I've talked to seem to thing that Med Supps are going to go away and all we'll be left with is MA Plans. Furthermore, they do seem to think that the MA companies will be narrowed down to about 3 major companies and that's it.

Although I do see some changes in the Med Supps coming, I just don't see that Med Supps going away in their entirety anytime in the near future. We do see evidence of many MA companies being bought out by some of the major players (Aetna, etc) though.

I dont have ANYWHERE close the exp that Todd has (although I can tell u hes a decent poker player)...I dont see how in any way, shape, form or fashion that Med supps go away, or any big changes to their compensation. Now as far as MA & MAPDs, thats another story....the big 3-4 seems about right tho.

Something fun that may or may not exist.... I hear that in the future MA's may be paying out in similar fashion to Med Sups.

Something fun that may or may not exist.... I hear that in the future MA's may be paying out in similar fashion to Med Sups.

I would be happy to get paid a % of what the insurance company gets from medicare. Let's say it's 700 a month for the beneficiary. 5 to 10% of that would be awesome every month
. I'll take 5%

Back