Medicare Supplement and Organ Transplant

crons79

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a 69 year old male, NS from Kentucky, 40356.
He had a liver transplant in 2006 (9 years ago), and has had no problems since.
He has taken the medication Prograf since the operation.

I know all of the normal Medicare supplement carriers won't take him. I know that AARP will. Is there any other carriers that he would qualify for?

I know all of the normal Medicare supplement carriers won't take him. I know that AARP will. Is there any other carriers that he would qualify for?

Curious as to why think the UHC med supp is not a " normal " med supp plan and why you wouldn't recommend it if it's the only option? . ?

Curious as to why think the UHC med supp is not a " normal " med supp plan and why you wouldn't recommend it if it's the only option? . ?

Probably because the underwriting is far easier than any other company in most states is why it isn't normal. The commission is low and the premium is high which is a good reason to look for a different carrier if possible...

Plus a lot of seniors won't buy anything with the AARP brand on it. Even after you explain the insurance isn't really through AARP some won't allow it.

Plus a lot of seniors won't buy anything with the AARP brand on it. Even after you explain the insurance isn't really through AARP some won't allow it.

In Florida even those who say they don't like AARP's politics will buy it because it's almost always the lowest premium and has the best rate stability over the last ten years.If they are shopping rates and don't like AARP they will probably buy the other non normal carrier with Limited Underwriting - BCBS

Too bad he doesn't live in Illinois. BCBS GI...Plan F $179 MBD/G $161MBD/N $126 MBD.

Well, I don't particularly like them, and in most areas they are wa over priced. Not in the area the client is, though. The other reason I was asking for alternatives is because they are such a pain to do business with. They don't like the independent agent, because they make it so difficult to keep writing business with them. Examples are the annual indoctrination... oh I mean education courses that AARP makes you take, stating how wonderful AARP is.

The biggest reason to not write them though is that if you don't write 5 apps in a certain period of time they will put you on probation for 3 months. Which the don't notify you about. Then you can't write business with them over that time. Happened me last year. I went to write a case with them, and found out I was on "probation" and not allowed to write for 3 months. So, for not producing enough business, your punishment is... to not be allowed to write more business?

The only good thing about them is that they will take just about anyone.

Good thing you asked this on my site and had the answer within an hour, eh?

For those reading here, Medico is the best rate there on Plan F and has only a five year lookback for transplants.

Must be state specific. In Illinois if they've ever had or been advised to have a transplant, it's an automatic KO in question 1(e) on the Medico app.

Back