Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Scripts

Seniorgirl411

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Indiana
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a script for cold calling? I have some lists and want to focus on getting in the door with the lower priced medicare supplement. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot.

What demographics does your list consist of? T65 can be different than current beneficiaries.

I built my book of business by cold calling.

The thing that most people don't understand is that if you give cold-calling some time then you will transition into working referrals instead of working the phone if you do it right.

2 markets aren't good for cold calls IMO - turning 65 and urban folks. Every new agent is working turning 65 (not to mention the stack of mail they all have on their tables) and they all want to work close to home.

It's not about the script IMO. Just be yourself and introduce yourself and explain what you do. The 2 most important things to accomplish from a phone call are - find out their current plan (so important) and MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PLAN IS NO DIFFERENT THAN THEIR CURRENT PLAN WITH EXCEPTION OF PRICE.

When you approach business this way you will keep more clients on the books and earn more referrals. Internet leads and mailers are folks that are only interested in saving money and you will lose them at the rate-increase or end up moving them every year until they aren't healthy enough to switch anymore.

When you are on an appointment, talk to your clients about their social circle. Ask about their families, neighbors and friends from church. Take notes as they are talking and they will get the idea and start giving you even more names. If you are providing a valuable service to your client and are a likeable person then you should get at least 3-5 referrals per appointment. Even work the folks that don't need your service (tricare, not healthy, retired with full benefits, etc...) - "I understand that you couldn't benefit from my services but I'm sure many of your friends can."

Well, I'm talking about ages 67-80, already on medicare. I would like to know the best way to make an appointment so that they know why I am coming and I know exactly what they have and what they spend.

"hello, my name is seniorgirl411. I am an independent insurance agent in your area specializing in senior medigap insurance. How are you today mrs./mr. ------? Did you know that some seniors in our area are paying too much for their medigap insurance? The thing about medigap insurance is that it is standardized. In other words, an "F" plan with company A is identical (by law) to an "F" plan with company B. The thing most people don't understand is that all docs/hosps that accept medicare (they all do) must accept any and all medicare supplement plans. You see why it doesn't make sense to pay more than you have to? Who do you currently have your coverage with? Most folks have a standardized "F" plan, is that what you have? well, the least expensive "F" plan in our zip code is with ---- and it costs ---- per month. I'll be in your area tomorrow. Would the AM or PM be better for you? Before I come I need some brief health information from you. Are you as healthy as you sound? OK, I'll see you tomorrow @ ---, make sure to have your plan information ready"

"hello, my name is seniorgirl411. I am an independent insurance agent in your area specializing in senior medigap insurance. How are you today mrs./mr. ------? Did you know that some seniors in our area are paying too much for their medigap insurance? The thing about medigap insurance is that it is standardized. In other words, an "F" plan with company A is identical (by law) to an "F" plan with company B. The thing most people don't understand is that all docs/hosps that accept medicare (they all do) must accept any and all medicare supplement plans. You see why it doesn't make sense to pay more than you have to? Who do you currently have your coverage with? Most folks have a standardized "F" plan, is that what you have? well, the least expensive "F" plan in our zip code is with ---- and it costs ---- per month. I'll be in your area tomorrow. Would the AM or PM be better for you? Before I come I need some brief health information from you. Are you as healthy as you sound? OK, I'll see you tomorrow @ ---, make sure to have your plan information ready"

That's good. What kind of luck do you have getting through that before someone hangs up? Do you also use that to door knock?

I don't use a script. Use your people skills to carry the conversation. Some people will be di$#S. If they are then stay polite and thank them for their time. I always call the rude people back a week later and say something like "this is ----- again, I'm sorry but I think I caught you on a bad day last week. Is everything better now?"

If you want do market on foot (doorknock), I suggest going to a neighborhood that has lots of senior residents on a nice day and just walk and talk.

You're talking waaaaaaay too much if utilizing this, just reading it made me want to hang up.

Be concise, get to questions asap to engage them, think dialogue, not monologue.

Love your spirit but there might be a quicker and better way.. "Hello, my name is seniorgirl411 and I'm an independent agent specializing in low-cost life and health plans for seniors. Would you consider a competitive bid on your own health coverage?" That will open the door and the rest is up to your listening skills. Don't overpower them with what you do or with what you have to offer.

Back