Medicare Supplement for schizophrenia, under 65

daveshea

Is this possible?

Qualified for Medicare due to disability and has been on Medicare for many years.

No guaranteed issue right that I can find. I thought United Healthcare would work, as they do not ask any questions about mental health on the application, but they do not offer underwritten plans for those under age 65.

Client is 50-something years old and diagnosed and actively treated for schizophrenia. Takes an inject-able drug called invega sustenna monthly that controls it.

Does anyone have any ideas on a Medicare supplement available in Missouri that would allow an underwritten plan for a person with a mental illness, specifically schizophrenia?

Appreciate any help you can offer!
-David

Single. I think we are just going to do an MAPD that covers his psychiatrist. I've gone through the underwriting guides for every admitted carrier available and it appears all treat schizophrenia as a disqualifying condition EXCEPT for United Healthcare. I think if he was 70 and applying for an underwritten policy he'd have no problem, but under 65 with disability, no go...

Back