Medicare Supplement Insurance

is my L&H license good for me to sell medicare supplement insurance? what is the commission percentage per policy? Where can you get leads for this type of insurance and what do they cost? Alot of questions, sorry..Thanks

is my L&H license good for me to sell medicare supplement insurance?

Yes.

what is the commission percentage per policy?

Depends on the level you get. You'd probably start at street and if you got to certain production levels you may be able to negotiate with your upline, an increase. Really, there is no answer. All depends on who will offer what.

Where can you get leads for this type of insurance and what do they cost?

All different types of leads. Find out what works best for you. If you feel comfortable on the phone, buy a list from 'Josh' here on hte forum and cold call. It's cheap and what you make goes into your pocket.
If you don't feel you could do that, there are plenty of companies out there that will take your money in trade for leads (internet, telemarketing, direct mail, etc).

Alot of questions, sorry..Thanks

Answers in bold...good luck

is my L&H license good for me to sell medicare supplement insurance? what is the commission percentage per policy? Where can you get leads for this type of insurance and what do they cost? Alot of questions, sorry..Thanks

The commission is going to be determined by the company you use and the state you are in. Typically most will be around 18% to 22%.

Leads are generally very expensive and pretty crappy, at least in my experience. I generate my own.

I just want to say thank you Josh. I called and spoke with Brian at your office last week and he was most helpful in getting me started. I actually got 2 appointments from using just a small portion of the lead list. You guys are great and you provide an excellent service to your customers. Thanks, Marcia. :laugh:

hi Frank,
How do you create your own lead list? My only problem about buying leads is how many other people are buying the same leads i am?

I just want to say thank you Josh. I called and spoke with Brian at your office last week and he was most helpful in getting me started. I actually got 2 appointments from using just a small portion of the lead list. You guys are great and you provide an excellent service to your customers. Thanks, Marcia. :laugh:

Thank you for the public praise! Good luck with your selling!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
hi Frank,
How do you create your own lead list? My only problem about buying leads is how many other people are buying the same leads i am?

That is a very common concern, particularly with internet leads. I put this together to get into more detail with it: Why Cold Call for Medicare? | .

The short version is that because Medicare supplements are largely a commodity, one way to avoid having lots of competition is to cold call. Everyone's numbers can be different, but out of 100 cold calls you can usually get at least 2 or 3 good leads. It's a bit of work, but when you do it that way you are generating leads that are as exclusive as they can get. You'll still run into folks getting called by other agents, but the pool of available numbers is much larger and fewer people are doing it, so it's much less of a concern than with internet leads.

Last edited:
Back