Medicare Supplement Lead, FL!!!

timamr

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a health client needing someone to help her and her husband with Medicare Supplements, which I do not do! Here is the email she sent me below. Can anyone help her?

My husband turned 90 in May of this year. He does have several health issues. He has a supplement insurance with AFLAC. This insurance pays his deductible with Medicare and pays the 20% Medicare does not pay after they pay 80% of the approved amount. AFLAC is charging my husband $3141.23 this year and it is a big increase from last year.
I will be drawing my Medicare this March 2016 but can not apply til December of this year. I would like to have something comparable to my husbands supplement insurance

Let me know. Thanks!

I have a health client needing someone to help her and her husband with Medicare Supplements, which I do not do! Here is the email she sent me below. Can anyone help her? My husband turned 90 in May of this year. He does have several health issues. He has a supplement insurance with AFLAC. This insurance pays his deductible with Medicare and pays the 20% Medicare does not pay after they pay 80% of the approved amount. AFLAC is charging my husband $3141.23 this year and it is a big increase from last year. I will be drawing my Medicare this March 2016 but can not apply til December of this year. I would like to have something comparable to my husbands supplement insurance Let me know. Thanks!

What health issues? He's probably stuck.

I have a health client needing someone to help her and her husband with Medicare Supplements, which I do not do! Here is the email she sent me below. Can anyone help her?

My husband turned 90 in May of this year. He does have several health issues. He has a supplement insurance with AFLAC. This insurance pays his deductible with Medicare and pays the 20% Medicare does not pay after they pay 80% of the approved amount. AFLAC is charging my husband $3141.23 this year and it is a big increase from last year.
I will be drawing my Medicare this March 2016 but can not apply til December of this year. I would like to have something comparable to my husbands supplement insurance

Let me know. Thanks!

if I understand you correct this would be 261.76 per month. Is it the plan F? Is he in FL?

Does he have health issues?

Is he willing to have less cov to save premium?

This would not be a bad price in FL for plan F at 90. But he may be able to lower prem with lesser coverage,

Let me know. Thanks!

I just sent you a pm. plan F is 264 , N is 190.50

Last edited:
I just sent you a pm. plan F is 264 , N is 190.50

It doesn't matter to me as I would not even consider rewriting a 90 year old but how can you know the Med Supp rate without knowing where they live in Florida? If it's in Palm Beach, Broward, or Miami-Dade those rates are for a 65 year old, not someone 90.

It doesn't matter to me as I would not even consider rewriting a 90 year old but how can you know the Med Supp rate without knowing where they live in Florida? If it's in Palm Beach, Broward, or Miami-Dade those rates are for a 65 year old, not someone 90.

Why wouldn't you replace a 90 year's supplement? Since the 1992 Med supp standardization state laws says no pre ex waiting period when replacing a med supp.Their is no network or pre-authorizations issues that can effect continuity of care to worry about.With a field issue limited underwriting plan like UHC/AARP has in FL it's a piece of cake.Other then having ESRD or a recent hospitalization the only knockout questions are pending surgeries.Giving that a doctor is much less likely to recommend a procedure to a 90 year old vs a 66 year old I have had more 66-70 year not pass underwriting then the 80+ crowd.

How did I know the rates? Well for one nobody buys med supps in south fl so the rate I quoted was correct for most of the state or it could be a little less in a few counties which in this case it was - 232.00

Let me know. Thanks!
What is the zip code of this customer? I can get you a correct quote and not a guess quote.

Why wouldn't you replace a 90 year's supplement? Since the 1992 Med supp standardization state laws says no pre ex waiting period when replacing a med supp.Their is no network or pre-authorizations issues that can effect continuity of care to worry about.With a field issue limited underwriting plan like UHC/AARP has in FL it's a piece of cake.Other then having ESRD or a recent hospitalization the only knockout questions are pending surgeries.Giving that a doctor is much less likely to recommend a procedure to a 90 year old vs a 66 year old I have had more 66-70 year not pass underwriting then the 80+ crowd.

How did I know the rates? Well for one nobody buys med supps in south fl so the rate I quoted was correct for most of the state or it could be a little less in a few counties which in this case it was - 232.00

Because I have no interest, that's why, too many potential liability issues regarding regulatory agencies for me, people in their 80's don't have great memories for the most part and would not hesitate to throw an agent under the bus in case something bad happens. Plus, the life expectancy is less than the length of the commissions.

It's everyone's right to do whatever they want, if you like that market then that's great, I much prefer the T65 group.

I'm leaving that market completely open for you :yes:

Because I have no interest, that's why, too many potential liability issues regarding regulatory agencies for me, people in their 80's don't have great memories for the most part and would not hesitate to throw an agent under the bus in case something bad happens. Plus, the life expectancy is less than the length of the commissions.

It's everyone's right to do whatever they want, if you like that market then that's great, I much prefer the T65 group.

I'm leaving that market completely open for you :yes:

I don't target 90 year old clients but if a case falls in my lap I certainly will work it if it's a win win situation.BTW the spouse is T65 so I hope you also stay clear of T65's who have much older spouses too!

Med supps are not variable annuities.Med supp policies are *** proof so even if they don't understand it really doesn't matter as long as the client is competent and the sale was suitable..There is no issue over whether the product is suitable for someone on Medicare as long as it's better benefits or lower premium for the same benefits.I have been selling med supps since 1992 and never had a problem .

I don't target 90 year old clients but if a case falls in my lap I certainly will work it if it's a win win situation.BTW the spouse is T65 so I hope you also stay clear of T65's who have much older spouses too!

Med supps are not variable annuities.Med supp policies are *** proof so even if they don't understand it really doesn't matter as long as the client is competent and the sale was suitable..There is no issue over whether the product is suitable for someone on Medicare as long as it's better benefits or lower premium for the same benefits.I have been selling med supps since 1992 and never had a problem .

I don't know why you are making a big deal out of this, I don't write people who are in their 80's, it is personal preference.

I am not a kid (68) and an entitled to do what I want, it isn't worth $17 a month for what I perceive as risk-I do the same thing with people under 65 who want health insurance and either don't follow through or lie to me-I walk away from them and let them find another agent.

Back