Medicare Supplement Mailers. Who Do You Use and What Type of Card

indmedins

Guru
100+ Post Club
Florida
I have been selling U65 health with shared internet leads for years, but since the commission was cut, I have be gearing up to sell Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage like many others. I have mailed 1K cards with The Lead Connection (discountleadprograms.com) and 1K with LeadConcepts.com.

What other companies do you recommend and should I stay away from the card that offers to give a free report on Medicare changes? I am thinking the prospect would just want the free report. The companies boast a 5% return, but if they only want a free report, what good is the lead?

From the research on the board, I am thinking about using Kramer Direct.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Medicare Supplement Mailers. Who Do You Use and What Type of

I have been selling U65 health with shared internet leads for years, but since the commission was cut, I have be gearing up to sell Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage like many others. I have mailed 1K cards with The Lead Connection (discountleadprograms.com) and 1K with LeadConcepts.com.

What other companies do you recommend and should I stay away from the card that offers to give a free report on Medicare changes? I am thinking the prospect would just want the free report. The companies boast a 5% return, but if they only want a free report, what good is the lead?

From the research on the board, I am thinking about using Kramer Direct.

Thanks in advance.

I believe you can expect similar results regardless of what company you use. Five percent is a pipe dream, think more in terms of 1% give or take .5%. I also suspect that the majority of the seniors who return the cards will deny having sent the card in when you call. That has been my experience.

I used direct mail quite a bit when I first started thinking that those people who returned the card were sincere about considering making a purchase and it was a "warm" lead. I discovered nothing could be farther from the truth. It is every bit as much as a cold call as if you were calling names out of the phone book.

The use the word "free" because seniors are "professional card filler outers". When they see the word "free" they fill out the card and before it hits the bottom of the mail box they have forgotten that they filled it out.

In my opinion direct mail for seniors is the worst closely followed by internet leads.

I believe you can expect similar results regardless of what company you use. Five percent is a pipe dream, think more in terms of 1% give or take .5%. I also suspect that the majority of the seniors who return the cards will deny having sent the card in when you call. That has been my experience.

I used direct mail quite a bit when I first started thinking that those people who returned the card were sincere about considering making a purchase and it was a "warm" lead. I discovered nothing could be farther from the truth. It is every bit as much as a cold call as if you were calling names out of the phone book.

The use the word "free" because seniors are "professional card filler outers". When they see the word "free" they fill out the card and before it hits the bottom of the mail box they have forgotten that they filled it out.

In my opinion direct mail for seniors is the worst closely followed by internet leads.

Med Supp mailers do a bit better than the FE mailers. With FE mailers you can expect the 1% or so return, but the med supp mailers will do more around the 3% return.

If your experience is that most seniors don't remember mailing it back, then no wonder you only cold call! There must be a lot of senile people in MO! :laugh:

Med Supp mailers do a bit better than the FE mailers. With FE mailers you can expect the 1% or so return, but the med supp mailers will do more around the 3% return.

Is that 3% return for t-65 only or does that include; say age, 67 and up?

I wasn't making reference to one or the other.

Does anyone really think that if Med Supp mailers were worth a damn that I wouldn't still be relying on them heavily? And if the average return was 3% instead of closer to 1% that they wouldn't be an important element of my prospecting?

Does anyone really think that if Med Supp mailers were worth a damn that I wouldn't still be relying on them heavily? And if the average return was 3% instead of closer to 1% that they wouldn't be an important element of my prospecting?

We all do what we do best. You're niche is obviously cold calling.

i'll gladly take 1% and getting referrals than cold calling all day trying to talk stubborn seniors into switching the hugely overpriced supplement for another one that's less... give me the low hanging fruit!

We all do what we do best. You're niche is obviously cold calling.

My "niche" is figuring out how to make the most money and get the best ROI. There is no super secret method to what I do. It is something that anyone can learn to do if they are willing to invest the time to learn to do it correctly. Agents who are sincere about making insurance a career, and owning their own business will do whatever is necessary. The rest, well...

The problem is that most agents think this job is "selling" insurance when in reality it is and should be called "prospecting" for insurance. The majority of agents who fail are the ones who only want to do the selling and expect someone else to do the difficult, time consuming part of finding buyers. They have consumed mass quantities of cool aid from lead vendors, they give it away in 55 gal drums.

Setting appointments to do a "Medicare Review" is not a cost effective, productive use of the agents time. Sure, it makes them feel like they are doing something "important" but in reality the ROI is horrible.

In the past my typical return on direct mail has averaged about 3%. Lately, I've been averaging about 5%. I've been in the business for 13 years and have never heard of anyone only getting 1% for a Med Supp mailer, although depending on the quality of the mailer, the list, and the area it's mailed to I suppose it's possible.

Back