Medicare Supplement Phone Sales

Who knew there would be so many comedians on an insurance forum. Although Im grateful for the insight and direction I believe this post took a turn out in left field. The reason Im licensed in 48 states, not 47 as originally stated, is because Im a call center cube employee working for UHC in telesales. I wrote a PDP for Ohio(snicker) while I was waiting for my license and CMS pulled my appointment thus resulting in my inability to write insurance for UHC reducing me to a customer service representative. So, I am looking to get out and explore opportunities and write med supps and MA's telephonically. I am no spring chicken to insurance as my exposure has been P&C, health and life but instead of earning a living selling for the most part I spent my years playing xbox and drinking beer. ha, ha. So, now that I've turned the perverbial leaf, Im interesting in finding someone to work under to sell med supps and MA's and utilize my experience and the money UHC invested in my licensing to profit from.

I resent that remark.. I happen to be in n EXTREME RIGHT FIELD.. :twitchy:

I am interested in starting an insurance agency. I am presently a professional nurse in the health care industry. I have researched Medicare supplemental insurance a bit and I think that might be a good fit for me. Could anyone offer some guidance as to how to initiate this endeavor? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am interested in starting an insurance agency. I am presently a professional nurse in the health care industry. I have researched Medicare supplemental insurance a bit and I think that might be a good fit for me. Could anyone offer some guidance as to how to initiate this endeavor? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Find a good agency that will take you for a couple years. Learn all that you can.
Eventually break off onto your own. Lots of freedom in this biz.
Forget about that idea of starting your own agency.

Find a good agency that will take you for a couple years. Learn all that you can.
Eventually break off onto your own. Lots of freedom in this biz.
Forget about that idea of starting your own agency.

Love the picture on your website. After my parents divorced, my dad eventually moved to St. Louis (St. Charles to start with then on to St. Peters). I got to visit several times. Went up in the arch (pretty cool experience for a kid) and got to see Ozzie Smith play (I was a short stop and pitcher and loved Ozzie Smith). I have a younger brother who still lives in the area. Too cold in the winters for my liking.

Last edited:
Love the picture on your website. After my parents divorced, my dad eventually moved to St. Louis (St. Charles to start with then on to St. Peters). I got to visit several times. Went up in the arch (pretty cool experience for a kid) and got to see Ozzie Smith play (I was a short stop and pitcher and loved Ozzie Smith). I have a younger brother who still lives in the area. Too cold in the winters for my liking.

As a child of the 80's, it is impossible not to love Ozzie. It was sad when La Russa made him go away, but I have a feeling he may come back a bit more now.
I'm the same with the winter. I'd rather it be 110 degrees with 80% humidity than these days in the 20's. Fortunately, with global warming, it only gets down there a week or 2 each year. :1biggrin:

As a child of the 80's, it is impossible not to love Ozzie. It was sad when La Russa made him go away, but I have a feeling he may come back a bit more now.
I'm the same with the winter. I'd rather it be 110 degrees with 80% humidity than these days in the 20's. Fortunately, with global warming, it only gets down there a week or 2 each year. :1biggrin:

Won't be long it will be like the Saudi Arabia up your way.

I recall one year I took my wife and kids up to see my dad, step mother and two brothers. I think it was in the late 90's. We flew up the day after Christmas. The following day we got about 10-12 inches of snow. I went out to help my dad shovel the driveway, but didn't really have the proper clothing for that weather. I stayed outside for about 5 minutes and went back in. The TV was on the weather channel. Wind chill was minus 21.

By the way, pops now lives in Ponte Vedra beach Florida. He got tired of the cold too.

Can anyone tell me which med supp company has the best rates in GA? And, if you can sell it over the phone, that would be a bonus. Thanks.

Back