Medicare Supplement Phone Sales

That's too bad.

I love coming a few months behind agents that push the higher priced plans.

There must not be anyone as good as you in my neighborhood as that just doesn't happen. I work with mostly high income clients and my experience is that most don't decide on price alone. They tend to want major carriers and seem more loyal to me for my service. I usually get people who are getting a supplement for the first time, but when I do replace it's usually a med supp sold over the phone, not yet in effect. They call me for help with a drug plan the TM agent did not help them with. After going over the Plan Finder report in detail they ask if it's too late to change their med supp because they prefer a local agent who can help with everything.

There must not be anyone as good as you in my neighborhood

You must be right.

I don't have a bit of problem replacing MOO, Blue and other outrageously priced plans . . . especially where the agent only offered plan F.

Guess that is why about 40% of my business is underwritten.

I will ignore your comment about selling on price since obviously you know nothing about me and must be a bud to Midlevel who thinks his way is best and F2F is the only way to sell to seniors.

You must be right.

I don't have a bit of problem replacing MOO, Blue and other outrageously priced plans . . . especially where the agent only offered plan F.

Guess that is why about 40% of my business is underwritten.

I will ignore your comment about selling on price since obviously you know nothing about me and must be a bud to Midlevel who thinks his way is best and F2F is the only way to sell to seniors.

Of course I think my way is best. If I thought another way was best I'd do that instead. Anyone who is doing one thing believing another way is best isn't too bright. Do you not think your way is best?

I never said "F2F is the only way to sell to seniors" and don't believe that.

As for production levels I don't know what mid-level means. I expect mine puts me above mid. Could be wrong.

I've only done FTF, but the phone sales are intriguing. How long is the call when you guys make a sale? Is there alot of warm up or do you jump into the nitty gritty? Is the sale usually 1 call close? Thanks

I have done phone sales for years. Very little "warm up". They know why I am calling.

Most initial calls are about 20 minutes.

It is possible to 1 call close by phone but that isn't my style. Usually takes anywhere from a few days to months (if they are looking now for T65 in October) before I get the sale.

I close (on average) about 80% of those who are qualified and they usually stay on the books until they die.

Back