Medicare Supplement Plan F Vs N

wdisera

Hello,

I am shopping for Medigap insurance. I live in Will County, lLLinois. I am considering Plan F and N am leaning towards Plan N. I considering BCBS and AARP/UHC. BCBS prices its product via age related and while it UHC uses a community rated method.

My research shows over the long term, the community rated may be less expensive. Can anyone confirm this? I'm aware of other factors that go into the pricing such as actual claims and inflation.

Also, any opinions on which company is better overall or possibly a completely different company I should consider.

Thanks

Hello, I am shopping for Medigap insurance. I live in Will County, lLLinois. I am considering Plan F and N am leaning towards Plan N. I considering BCBS and AARP/UHC. BCBS prices its product via age related and while it UHC uses a community rated method. My research shows over the long term, the community rated may be less expensive. Can anyone confirm this? I'm aware of other factors that go into the pricing such as actual claims and inflation. Also, any opinions on which company is better overall or possibly a completely different company I should consider. Thanks

I would seek the help of a local broker. There are many companies that are priced better than those two in most areas. But prices are regional.

I don't buy into community rated or issue age pricing. I prefer attained age pricing. Make them compete for your business today and again in the future. Don't marry ANY insurance company. When rates go up just re shop.

I would add Plan G to your research also.

I would seek the help of a local broker. There are many companies that are priced better than those two in most areas. But prices are regional. I don't buy into community rated or issue age pricing. I prefer attained age pricing. Make them compete for your business today and again in the future. Don't marry ANY insurance company. When rates go up just re shop. I would add Plan G to your research also.

I have to agree with Newby.

If you're considering plan N, make sure your doctor and hospital accept Medicare Assignment since plan N doesn't cover excess charges. Plan G will cover that at 100%

Don't be concerned about excess charges. I agree with Newby. Find a local broker that can help with the decision.

I have many clients that spent months trying to decide what to do. A 15 minute discussion with someone who specializes in Medicare plans can avoid all this.

Rick

Back