Medicare Supplement Plan F Vs N

wdisera

Hello,

I am shopping for Medigap insurance. I live in Will County, lLLinois. I am considering Plan F and N am leaning towards Plan N. I considering BCBS and AARP/UHC. BCBS prices its product via age related and while it UHC uses a community rated method.

My research shows over the long term, the community rated may be less expensive. Can anyone confirm this? I'm aware of other factors that go into the pricing such as actual claims and inflation.

Also, any opinions on which company is better overall or possibly a completely different company I should consider.

Thanks

Depends on coverage you are seeking. The F being the Cadillac of plans at the moment covering everything (Part B deductible) all that jazz. On the other hand you have the N plan which is cheaper and has copay a and deductible. If your healthy and really don't wanna pay a lot go N plan. The weakness of the N plan is that you have copays and deductibles which are manageable. But if you get cancer and have 3 treatments or more a week you already made a month premium up of a F. If your sick or go to the doctor a lot F is better for you. Long term wise I believe community rates to be cheaper. Consider a company with a low history of rate increases and good customer service if you were to have a claim that you or your spouse could easily have great service for bills. Good luck!

if you get cancer and have 3 treatments or more a week

Rad treatment, if coded properly, is not subject to the N copay.

have a claim that you or your spouse could easily have great service for bills.

Can you name a Medigap carrier that does not pay claims on a timely basis?

Mathematically, rule out Plan F and go with Plan G. The only difference is that your Medicare Part B deductible won't be covered ($166 a year) so add that to the annual cost of Plan G and compare.

You can then compare G vs N and see what makes more sense for your situation. If you need quotes or info, I'd be happy to help you - I primarily cover Cook and the surrounding counties. I also work with an agent that covers the SW and Southern Chicagoland area.

In your area, I'd only recommend UHC if you make use of the free fitness membership - otherwise, it's just too expensive until you get into your 80s. BCBS, only if you have major medical issues that would prevent you from getting a plan from another carrier.

In short, you have more cost-effective carriers to choose from for the same exact plans. The plans are all standardized and Medicare makes the coverage decisions.

PM me if you want the quotes or other info.

Hello,

I am shopping for Medigap insurance. I live in Will County, lLLinois. I am considering Plan F and N am leaning towards Plan N. I considering BCBS and AARP/UHC. BCBS prices its product via age related and while it UHC uses a community rated method.

My research shows over the long term, the community rated may be less expensive. Can anyone confirm this? I'm aware of other factors that go into the pricing such as actual claims and inflation.

Also, any opinions on which company is better overall or possibly a completely different company I should consider.

Thanks

Back