Medicare Supplement Plan & Kaiser

Just thinking out loud here:

What would prevent someone from purchase a Medicare Supplement plan, say plan F, and then going to Kaiser as their provider? Kaiser is contracted with Medicare, and the supplement should pick up the remainder. Is that correct?

What would prevent someone from purchase a Medicare Supplement plan, say plan F, and then going to Kaiser as their provider? Kaiser is contracted with Medicare, and the supplement should pick up the remainder. Is that correct?

That's correct..on Medicare approved charges. Seems like there's a hospital/medical group in Texas that won't take Med Supps, but that's unique.

I know the villages in FL, I had to switch a couple of client to MA as they were only accepting AARP MA and refusing medsupp clients

I thought this was Illegal but a client of mine showed me the video the sent to residents stating that was what they were doing because its on the patients best interest and the MA would provide better care than a Medicare supplement because it coordinates care

I know the villages in FL, I had to switch a couple of client to MA as they were only accepting AARP MA and refusing medsupp clients

I thought this was Illegal but a client of mine showed me the video the sent to residents stating that was what they were doing because its on the patients best interest and the MA would provide better care than a Medicare supplement because it coordinates care

I said Texas, but it was the one you just mentioned that I was referring to.

Just because they sent a video doesn't make it legal. How can they accept MA but not straight Medicare?

Just because they sent a video doesn't make it legal. How can they accept MA but not straight Medicare?

They only accept the AARP village's HMO. I have a couple that lives there and had AARP Supplement for over a year before they pulled this and I had to switch them, Apparently they made some exclusive deal with AARP its only that one plan they accept, No Other MA plans are accepted

They only accept the AARP village's HMO. I have a couple that lives there and had AARP Supplement for over a year before they pulled this and I had to switch them, Apparently they made some exclusive deal with AARP its only that one plan they accept, No Other MA plans are accepted

Ok, I can see that being the only MA plan. But what about straight Medicare, no MA? I don't see how they could refuse regular Medicare but accept any Medicare Advantage plan. And if they accept Medicare, then they would have to accept a Medicare Supplement, right?

Ok, I can see that being the only MA plan. But what about straight Medicare, no MA? I don't see how they could refuse regular Medicare but accept any Medicare Advantage plan. And if they accept Medicare, then they would have to accept a Medicare Supplement, right?

Yea that was my thinking too , But did not change the fact, They were not taking straight Medicare Either

Just before AEP I think it was 2015 AEP, (Jan 1st Effective) the sent out letter's to all the residents telling them about this decision and how it is because they have their patients best interest involved and this change will allow them to provide better care due to better coordination of benefits

My Clients did not like this and were directed to there website with video which they sent to me

Since they have been going to doc there for some time they had me switch them over to that plan

Yes it's true, I have a couple dozen clients in that area and they will not accept Medicare. I'm not sure why you would think it's illegal though.

And nothing is normal in the villages. It's Disney world for seniors. Golf everywhere and non stop golf carts everywhere. Herpes runs rampid as well! Lol at least that's what a news article said

i enjoy this type of thought provocation! very interesting, indeed. i believe you're accurate too. Kaiser is an MA provider so they would have to take it. do you plan on executing this with a client?

just thinking out loud here- one who goes to go Kaiser in the first place couldn't be hassled with beginning to understand a supplement? much rather their $100 a month premium happy meal ;)

Back