Medicare Supplement Referrals

medicarebenefitsdirect

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just curious as to how long you guys have been selling Medicare Supplements. I have been in it 4 years now and it seems the referrals are really starting to pick up but not as much as I would like. Do you find it picks up even more after say 8 years...10 years....etc? What do you do to make sure referrals are always flowing in?

I've been selling for about 10 years. My referrals picked up when I had senior-advisor-indiana's phone hacked and forwarded to my phone.

I just kick back and wait for it to ring with his clients complaining. Then I re-write them with a good plan.

Rick

Is the operative factor the number of years in the business or the number of cases on the books? One person may say it picks up for them after three years, another may say six. They both may be talking about the same number of cases on the books.

Don't know.

Is the operative factor the number of years in the business or the number of cases on the books? One person may say it picks up for them after three years, another may say six. They both may be talking about the same number of cases on the books.

Don't know.

I do not believe that it has anything to do with either how many years or number of clients.

In my opinion referrals are something an agent earns as opposed to people just "giving" them to you because you have been in the business for X # or years or because you have over X # of clients.

Once I started staying in touch with my clients on a regular basis, (birthday letters not cards, anniversary letters, news letters,) the referrals picked up substantially. All help develop a level of trust with clients.

At the bottom of every communication I send is a PS stating that "If you know anyone else who I can help with their insurance needs please give them my phone number." I never ask a new client to "make a list" of people I can contact.

I also don't sell insurance, I sell myself. It is important to me that my clients think of and know me as a person as well as their insurance agent. People trust people who they feel they know

Clients are much more apt to recommend an person who they know and trust as opposed to "just another agent" who they bought a policy from.

Back